Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Haven't run into any problems yet because I haven't worked on it. Deb had another surgery on her wrist and it's a full time job helping out around the house when I'm not at work.
    Hopefully I'll have some forward progress to report soon.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Been last minute thrashin on the pig. Seems to be the norm with me. It's the way it went leading up to the last time I had it on the trail. Rewired/cleaned up wiring on my rocklights. Installed some small LED's in the lower part of the dash and wired them to the dome light. Still have some small welding to do here and there, but it runs and drives nice. Well, exceot for the flat spots that bias ply tires get from sitting too long. Gonna have to heat the up on some granite to fix that.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Pig is running pretty good. Maybe a little timing adjustment. Two days ago I took it out for a 45 min run around town. Ran good little ruff on the road. Got it home and within in 30 minutes it burped a small puddle of very very black oil out the rear seal area. Problem is the oil in the motor is super clean, trans oil is fresh as well. And the motor and trans are clean.

I took it out on the fwy last night. Ran it up to about 60-65 mph, Shifting at around 4500 rpm. Oil pressure rock solid at rpm and idle. Parked it for about 30 mins, no oil.

Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Comment

Ryan wasn't anywhere around zipping up his pants?
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            Ryan wasn't anywhere around zipping up his pants?
            Now that is FUNNY
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Ummmmm........ I...... Don't want to, Uhhhh.... Have to trouble shoot that one.......

Comment

Ups man came today. Ruffstuff 7/8" steering showed up. Hope to be digging into the 1 ton conversion very soon.

Comment

Sweet! then you have to pic ONE color and we will shoot it
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Have a couple cans of red in the garage. Looks like that's the color.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                      Ups man came today. Ruffstuff 7/8" steering showed up. Hope to be digging into the 1 ton conversion very soon.
                      Same one I have. Very beefy.

Comment

Ordered more parts the other day.
                        Yukon exteme hubs, gears, install kit, wheel bearings. Next week Imma have Dean Reed do a set of cryo'd 4340 axles and joints. Just need to get a set of 12 bolt 8x6.5 H1's.

Have all my brackets. Battlement arms. Just waiting on the trac bar order to see which axle riser I'll need.
                        Gonna teach myself how to set up gears........
                        Front 60 build comin up

With lotsa pic's

Gonna be fun
                        Last edited by blwngsket; 07-19-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Got my 5.13 gears, install kit, wheel bearings and Yukon hubs in the mail. Started disassembly of the axle and cutting off the old brackets.
                              Guess I need a case spreader, the diff wont come out. Crap

Comment

crow bar
                                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                                X