No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez...definitely time to get rid of the tacoed springs.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by RADDONKEY View Post
      LOOKS GOOD, hey dont forget your sunglasses are on the rear bumper.
      No, no silly. Those aren't sun glasses, they are cutting torch goggles! LOL!

Comment

• Looking good Pat. I remember there being more room in the garage. What happened?
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
          Looking good Pat. I remember there being more room in the garage. What happened?
          The Bronco is currently in the single bay. The two car bay is reserved for the wife.

Comment

• Me and the wife made a deal when we moved into our house. She gets the house I get the garage which meant that I got the two bay side and she got the one for her storage .
            Took 10 years but I finally got to convert an x-tra bedroom into a man cave .
            See how long that lasts
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Got the same deal as Tony, except that she doesn't want anything to do with the garage. She would rather park her car outside. It was even that way when we had a two car garage attached to the last house. What can I say, she is awesome.

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
              Me and the wife made a deal when we moved into our house. She gets the house I get the garage which meant that I got the two bay side and she got the one for her storage .
              Took 10 years but I finally got to convert an x-tra bedroom into a man cave .
              See how long that lasts
              Marc D.

Comment

• I've been with my Wife for 8 year, lived in 5 different places.
                She has never once parked in the garage, or even asked to. Even when we were in a Condo, I took the car port for the bronco.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• I like to have my wife park in the garage so she doesn't have to load and unload the baby (and all of the crap that goes with a baby) out in the elements. But there has been plenty of times where I had the whole garage filled up with Bronco stuff for a period of time and she gladly parked outside. But I didn't like her doing it for any length of time.

Man I can't wait to have a shop some day!
                  Last edited by crawlin68; 12-05-2007, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• My wife knows that I could live in a cardboard box as long as it was next to a really nice garage.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• I think that may be a quote from my wife about me.

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                      could live in a cardboard box as long as it was next to a really nice garage.
                      Marc D.

Comment

• Well I would rather be in The Rollinggetto. Now if I can just get the 1971 Elcamino done Oh crud I forgot I an working on a Yota Ferrunner that is!:-)
                        Last edited by RandyatBBY; 12-05-2007, 03:01 PM.
                        1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

• Made some progress today. I made a template for a rear truss for the 9 inch housing. I cut the two pieces out of some 2 x 6 x 1/4 wall (Thanks Highlander) Got them to fit real nice and welded her up. I welded in about 1 1/2 stitch welds rotating around the housing and letting it cool off a bit every once in a while so as not to warp the housing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Thats purdy! good cuts Patrick
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Looks good Patrick. Here's a little tip when you weld the top truss on, protect the threads on the third member studs. Cover them up , pop them out, or coat them with something like PAM to keep weld spatter from sticking to the threads.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                                Looks good Patrick. Here's a little tip when you weld the top truss on, protect the threads on the third member studs. Cover them up , pop them out, or coat them with something like PAM to keep weld spatter from sticking to the threads.
                                Ahhh, good advise. You sound like you are speaking from experience!?

Comment

Working...
                                X