No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have the Mog outters yet? Where do you even get them? Im sure you know we will be expecting pics of them, right...
    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
      .....So I have decided to build a custom Mog9 Hybrid rear axle. This will utilize the center housing from 9 inch and the Mog Portal boxes mounted to to the outer axle tubes.....
      The bar has been raised!!! Can't wait to see it!
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I've been debating whether or no tot shave it. Every little bit helps! I would love to build a Hybrid Mog9 for the front too, but I can't bring myself to do it having just dumped a sh$t load of money into the D60 front.
        Isn't there a clearance issue with running them in the front? You might have to run some more lift, and a rope ladder from the rocker.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
          Do you have the Mog outters yet? Where do you even get them? Im sure you know we will be expecting pics of them, right...
          I don't have them in my hands yet. Just waiting for the Big Brown Truck. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them. There are busniesses on the web that import them from Germany. Or private parties that have bought them and decided to sell them. I found a guy that had a set that he decided not to use, so I bought the rear.

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            Isn't there a clearance issue with running them in the front? You might have to run some more lift, and a rope ladder from the rocker.
            The main clearance issues are if you use the stock Mog axle. The pinion is huge and long on the Mog axles and hits everything under an EB. The hybrid Mog9 eliminates a lot of those clearance issues. The only part of Mog9 that you have to worry about is the axle tubes because they are around 6 inches higher than a stock axle would be. So worst case scenario would be that you would have to limit the up travel. I won't raise mine up any higher, that is for sure.

Comment

I've been debating whether or no tot shave it. Every little bit helps! I would love to build a Hybrid Mog9 for the front too, but I can't bring myself to do it having just dumped a sh$t load of money into the D60 front.
              You truely have a SICKNESS!!!!!!Hmmmmmmm When are you off loading your rear end?????
              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                You truely have a SICKNESS!!!!!!Hmmmmmmm When are you off loading your rear end?????

Hello....my name is Patrick and I have a problem.....

I think the rear axle is sold. Just waiting for the proverbial check that is in the mail.

Comment

• Pat, I only have one thing to say about this Mog project....

Bastid.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• GEEZ Pat! so how many axles have you gone through??? I thought a 60 60 combo was the best.

I have never heard of a Mog9, but i have heard about a 609. Is a Mog9 a 9inch turned about 45* so the yoke points straight up? and then use the mog parts for the driveshaft angle ?

This is going to be cool to follow.
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• I always wanted to do a Mog9 but never wanted to cut my rear axle that I already put 2 much $ into.
                      So I guess you will Rear Coil overs as well?
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                        I always wanted to do a Mog9 but never wanted to cut my rear axle that I already put 2 much $ into.
                        So I guess you will Rear Coil overs as well?
                        Yeah, I've got the Kings sitting on the garage floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                          What ratio did you end up with?
                          When you made your truss, did you use 2 x 3 x 3/16 wall? You don't happen to have any of that left over do you? I went down to Valley Iron but they didn't have any in their remnant pile. I would have had to buy 10' of it.

Did you make a template out of cardboard by any chance?

Comment

• ok so i looked around on Pirate4x4.
                            DUDE!! that is f@WKING COOL! so does this mean that no more freeway? or is it still good to use on long drives?
                            Attached Files
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Pat, you will be bored after this mod. There will be no lines to take, no thrills of getting stuck, no reattempts, no nothing. You will once again have a grocery getter with the store being the end of the trail. On the other hand, you could open your own drivers ed coarse for the 15 year olds.

Comment

• It will still be street-able. I am going to run a 2.47 R&P in the 9 inch. That coupled with the 2.13 of the mog box gives me a final ratio of 5.26:1. The stock mog drum brakes are big, heavy and hold a lot of heat inside the box causing some over heating issues at highway speeds, but I'm converting to disc brakes so it will dissipate the heat much better eliminating the heat issues for street driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X