Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Familyman
    Wow those Kings are nice. How much travel do they have??

So will you still be able to mount a rear seat or will you have a 2 seater only??

Can't wait to see the build

FM <><

They are the 2.5 x 16 inch travel version. After measuring everything out, I'll still be able to get a back in there. That was a must. I got the fold and tumble seat from WH. It's a little narrower than the stock EB seat and should be a perfect fit. And it tumbles forward when I don't need it.

Comment

• Kings? Damn, this 4-link shoudl be as nice as any other part of your rig. Can't wait to see it come together.

Galen
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• How are those coilovers coming along???

Comment

• Originally posted by House View Post
          How are those coilovers coming along???
          They are collecting dust in the garage quit nicely. The dust actually makes them a real nice metallic gunmetal blue/grey color. LOL!

I'm just waiting for the last trail run (hopefully to Swamp Lake soon) before I tear it apart and start doing the 4-link. Because I know sure as sh$t, if I tore it apart today, tomorrow everyone would go on a trail run and I'd miss out on that one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            They are collecting dust in the garage quit nicely. The dust actually makes them a real nice metallic gunmetal blue/grey color. LOL!

I'm just waiting for the last trail run (hopefully to Swamp Lake soon) before I tear it apart and start doing the 4-link. Because I know sure as sh$t, if I tore it apart today, tomorrow everyone would go on a trail run and I'd miss out on that one too.
            It's not going to matter when you tear it apart Patrick. Even in the dead of winter we have snow runs. You are right though. As soon as you tear it apart something will come up.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Well I finally decided to tear the rear end out and do the 4 link. New project under way! I've been drooling over Unmog axles for a long time now, but in their stock form they just present too many problems when trying to stuff them under an EB. So I have decided to build a custom Mog9 Hybrid rear axle. This will utilize the center housing from 9 inch and the Mog Portal boxes mounted to to the outer axle tubes. This should be a fun project, so here it goes.

I ran out my local you-pull yard and found a nice 9 inch rear end under a 78/79 Bronco. This will do just fine for my center section. Drug it home and started cutting all of the stock spring perches and shock mounts off of it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by crawlin68; 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Well I finally decided to tear the rear end out and do the 4 link. New project under way! I've been drooling over Unmog axles for a long time now, but in their stock form they just present too many problems when trying to stuff them under an EB. So I have decided to build a custom Mog9 Hybrid rear axle. This will utilize the center housing from 9 inch and the Mog Portal boxes mounted to to the outer axle tubes. This should be a fun project, so here it goes.

I ran out my local you-pull yard and found a nice 9 inch rear end under a 78/79 Bronco. This will do just fine for my center section. Drug it home and started cutting all of the stock spring perches and shock mounts off of it.
                Did you get the drum brakes that came with that housing? If so don't throw them away a friend of mine needs some of the parts to fix his E-brake.
                Did you find the right ring and pinion gear you need?
                Last edited by highlander; 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                  Did you get the drum brakes that came with that housing? If so don't throw them away a friend of mine needs some of the parts to fix his E-brake.
                  Did you find the right ring and pinion gear you need?
                  I left all of the brake stuff at the yard. It's probably still there. Want to go back to the yard with me?

Yeah, I found the ring and pinion in a 79 Ford Ranchero. I must have crawled under every Ford car, truck and van in the yard before I finally found it.

Comment

• This sounds like a good build to follow.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I left all of the brake stuff at the yard. It's probably still there. Want to go back to the yard with me?

Yeah, I found the ring and pinion in a 79 Ford Ranchero. I must have crawled under every Ford car, truck and van in the yard before I finally found it.
                      What ratio did you end up with?
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                        What ratio did you end up with?
                        2.47:1

Comment

• I can't wait to see this come together.... Just when we think your rig can't get any more bad a$$ you go and pull the Unimog axle card on us. You've clearly got the sickness worse than most of us!
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• That sounds like a great rear end, and you wont even need to shave that housing. Do you have plans for the front? 609?
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Saweeet, I'm lookin forward to seeing that axle go together.

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                                That sounds like a great rear end, and you wont even need to shave that housing. Do you have plans for the front? 609?
                                I've been debating whether or no tot shave it. Every little bit helps! I would love to build a Hybrid Mog9 for the front too, but I can't bring myself to do it having just dumped a sh$t load of money into the D60 front.
                                Last edited by crawlin68; 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X