'68 Gaudin Ford Coyote 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '68 Gaudin Ford Coyote 5.0

Everything is looking great on this build. I can't wait to see/hear the motor running!

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl89 View Post
      We need to do a Livermore meet up with all the locals!!
      Are you on facebook and if so, in the NorCalBroncos group there? You might get a bigger response if you post about a meetup there. Sadly there's just more traffic/visibility there than on this site lately. There are a handful of us around here still and in the past we've been able to pull in a few from a little farther away as well.

Don't need to clog up your awesome build thread with meeting plans though. We can start a thread about this here and on FB...
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        Everything is looking great on this build. I can't wait to see/hear the motor running!
        Us too. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          Are you on facebook and if so, in the NorCalBroncos group there? You might get a bigger response if you post about a meetup there. Sadly there's just more traffic/visibility there than on this site lately. There are a handful of us around here still and in the past we've been able to pull in a few from a little farther away as well.

Don't need to clog up your awesome build thread with meeting plans though. We can start a thread about this here and on FB...
          I will get on the FB Norcal (im not on it yet) Good idea!

Comment

We designed & ordered custom seats, they are almost done. Finishing up the rear (fronts have heaters & headrests)

I put power windows in (its a great project for a wife!! I want to put them in Johns '72 Chevy truck now!)

Hoping to having it started (the MOTOR!) in the next month. Stand by!!!

I looked at those seats at SEMA last year... Long conversation about fitment, promises of pictures and measurements after I sent them measurements from a factory seat. (I am 6' 3")
            Their response e-mails just sort of died out... I was not impressed. Looks like you have had much better luck!
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              I looked at those seats at SEMA last year... Long conversation about fitment, promises of pictures and measurements after I sent them measurements from a factory seat. (I am 6' 3")
              Their response e-mails just sort of died out... I was not impressed. Looks like you have had much better luck!
              We have been working with TMI since June. The guy we were dealing with disappeared last month(Joe Tucker) while the seats were just started, so then we started dealing with a gal (Cindy) when the seats were almost finished. The seats are finished, Cindy sent us pics, but she has left the company also and for the last 2 weeks we call every day and the new person will not return our calls. The seats are done and just need to be shipped, its crazy.

Comment

It STARTS!!!!! It started right up!!!

working on all the little things. Hope for a road test in a few days (I will get a video!) Super excited

Comment

Great!!!
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Took a little spin in it tonite! its awesome! still a lot to do. Darryl fixed all the little leaks & some wiring.

But really having an issue with calibrating the transmission. Performance Automatic SUCKS!!!!! they have NO tech support and cannot help with anything. We are on our own. They put together a "kit" with several wrong items, (we fixed that) but they have no idea what they are selling or how it works. They are no help at all with the crap they sold us.
                    Last edited by Batgirl89; 11-07-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

OK. look for me driving around Livermore! She's a runner! Lots of power
                      We need to get some miles on her to see what problems come up, the "teething" phase now
                      inside is gutted, just a driver seat, but that is all I need!

We need bigger tires. When it shifts into 2nd gear, the little skinny tires (are almost lifted off the ground) and are "searching" for the road.

Comment

Took a little spin in it tonite! its awesome! still a lot to do. Fixed all the little leaks & some wiring.

But really having an issue with calibrating the transmission. Performance Automatic SUCKS!!!!! they have NO tech support and cannot help with anything. We are on our own. They put together a "kit" with several wrong items, (we fixed that) but they have no idea what they are selling or how it works. They are no help at all with the crap they sold us.
                        Tumblin can reprogram the F150 ECM to control both the engine and transmission. You don’t need a stand-alone controller
                        1970 Bronco, Coyote, 6R80, Atlas II, 35x17

Comment

Originally posted by sfbp21 View Post
                          Tumblin can reprogram the F150 ECM to control both the engine and transmission. You don’t need a stand-alone controller
                          We bought a different shifter cable & transmission bracket and it fixed the calibrating issue.

Did Tumblin build your Bronco? We have thought about sending him a Bronco to build.

Comment

Tumblin just helped with tcase adapter and ECM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfbp21 View Post
                              Tumblin just helped with tcase adapter and ECM.
                              Have you had any issue with motor and tranny talking to each other so far?
                              (We went with the performance automatic & their shifter set up so we could have sport mode) we will see how it all works out......
                              Tumblin was very helpful with all our questions on putting ours together

Comment

No issues at all. Shifts great.

Comment

Working...
                                X