Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third times a charm - 3 link, 4 link, full widths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Third times a charm - 3 link, 4 link, full widths...

Originally posted by JSmall View Post
    Thanks! I did a stock rebuild for the most part. The engine looked great, but the machine shop went .20 over so they could warranty the work. I wanted something stock and reliable that will run great all the time.
    Right on. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rebuild cost? Only reason that I ask is I am on the fence whether or not to rebuild mine before I install it.

Comment

It does get expensive. I had most of these parts leftover from my accessory relay panel build. Most of the pins and seals had to be purchased in bulk so I had all that stuff. A full rewire will happen soon and I have already purchased a lot of the connectors and pins for that. Deutsch DT and HDP20 plugs will be used for most of it...this stuff adds up quick

I am really trying to make Moab this year. We rented a house so I am committed to going. Now I need to get the Bronco done. Do you plan to go?
      I will be there. Been planning this trip for a long time. We are staying at the cabins at Moab Rim camppark. Hopefully you can make it. I cant wait to do some wheelin

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        Right on. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rebuild cost? Only reason that I ask is I am on the fence whether or not to rebuild mine before I install it.
        I paid $2450 for all the machine work, parts, cleaning of all my tins and assembled to a long block.
        Jaromy

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
          I will be there. Been planning this trip for a long time. We are staying at the cabins at Moab Rim camppark. Hopefully you can make it. I cant wait to do some wheelin

Sweet! We tried to get a cabin this year but they filled up fast. Most of the guys we hang with with will be at Moab Rim Camppark so I’ll be there hanging out. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your build.
          Jaromy

Comment

Wish I could make it down for this year but sucks that 2019 will be dedicated to debt repayment.

RDEMPTN will be out and about once again!

Comment

Going with the Volvo fan for now. I will switch back to the clutch fan if this doesn't cool well enough.

I hadn't planned to run inner fenders right now, but I don't have the space needed to mount the compressor and a few other things without them. Working on those right now.

Jaromy

Comment

Why the gap from the fan to shroud?

Comment

Why the gap from the fan to shroud?
                  The shroud isn't deep enough for the fan. I plan to fix that when I have more time. I will probably add some foam for now.
                  Jaromy

Comment

Nice work! I loved my Volvo fan when I had it. Are you using the BMW 2 speed switch? Definitely put some foam in that gap for now or just make a new shroud.

Comment

Nice work! I loved my Volvo fan when I had it. Are you using the BMW 2 speed switch? Definitely put some foam in that gap for now or just make a new shroud.
                      I think the Volvo fan and relay setup will work good for me. I am using the Audi/VW 2 speed switch. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHFS151

I'll get some foam in the gap for now
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by JSmall; 03-13-2019, 11:44 AM.
                      Jaromy

Comment

Nice setup! Looks awesome!

Comment

I have this setup and works great. Are you going to wire a switch to turn fan off? I did for water crossings but one time I shut it off and forgot to turn it back on. A quick run across the desert with no fan heated up quick. lol

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                            Nice setup! Looks awesome!
                            Thank you!

I have this setup and works great. Are you going to wire a switch to turn fan off? I did for water crossings but one time I shut it off and forgot to turn it back on. A quick run across the desert with no fan heated up quick. lol
                            I hadn’t planned on it because I have yet to get into that deep of water. I figured I could get out and pull the fuse if/when I ever need to. I plan to use a standard Bosch relay to trigger the ground on the temp switch so the fan doesn’t run with the ignition off. That’s my plan anyway...I could have this all wrong
                            Attached Files
                            Jaromy

Comment

Thank you!

I hadn’t planned on it because I have yet to get into that deep of water. I figured I could get out and pull the fuse if/when I ever need to. I plan to use a standard Bosch relay to trigger the ground on the temp switch so the fan doesn’t run with the ignition off. That’s my plan anyway...I could have this all wrong
                              I like that idea on just pulling fuse. I haven't been that deep of water either and not sure if I even want to be. Fordyce gets deep sometimes.

Comment

I like that idea on just pulling fuse. I haven't been that deep of water either and not sure if I even want to be. Fordyce gets deep sometimes.
                                Fordyce was the only thing that came to mind. My 4 year old likes to flip switches
                                Jaromy

Comment

Working...
                                X