Family Crawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
    Are you upgrading to a bigger rear axle?
    Yes, I pulled a 70u from pick n pull. I hope I don't have to modify my fuel tank.

Comment

• Here we go. Time for the axle swap. Purchased the 70U from pick in pull. Purchased the truss, brackets, and diff cover. I went with the Crane cover this time because the bolts are protected. The bottom bolts on the old cover would get filed down to nothing. I still have to buy all the insides but wanted to test fit and see what I need to modify. Don't mind the messy garage we just moved in to our new place. Need to hurry and get this back together by summer

Comment

• Right on Matt! Where did you move to? The smooth bottom on the U will be nice in the rocks. Hurry up, summer is coming fast! Think you'll have it ready for the Rubicon trip in June?

Comment

• I moved further out in the country but south toward Ripon. Ripping trees out right now for the shop build. I can't wait.

If I'm not done I'll just put my old one back in. I'll be good to go.

Comment

• The truss is a lot wider on top them my Dana 60 was. I had to modify it a little to fit up in gas tank. I will plate the top once I make sure it clears at full bump.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like it fits up in there good!

Comment

• Getting closer
                Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good man! Do you have the inside all built already? Or is it an empty housing right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Looking good man! Do you have the inside all built already? Or is it an empty housing right now?
                    Its all done. I didn't take any pictures. My brother came up to help me. I put Yukon 488 gears with a Dana 80 Spool kit that fits a 70. I was told they no longer make a detroit locker for the 70. Not sure if this is just because of COVID but they said they reduced production on a lot of lockers. Spool should be fine for what I use it for. Just running stock 35spline axles for now. Ill go to chromoly when I break one.
                    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 05-06-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Done. The swap went well. Time to put it to the test.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Looks badass man!

Comment

Working...
                        X