Family Crawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Crawler

Okay, here we go again. This will be a very slow build with a due date of the summer of 2017 (which will be hard to meet). My kids will be 6yrs old and ready for wheelin. I am building another rig because my current one does not meet my safety requirements for my kids. Also I only have about a square foot of space in the back. I am basically taking all the parts off my current rig, with a few changes, and using them for the new family crawler. I will try to build as much that I can before having to tear the current one apart. Hopefully this thread will keep me inspired.

New Rig Specs:

Custom Frame
    New Roll Cage
    Body Narrowed 7” or stock width with 4" stretch (haven't decided yet)
    351W EFI
    NV4500
    Stak B-Box 3 speed
    Dana 60 Front
    Dana 60 Rear
    4 link front and rear
    Howe Full Hydro Steering
    King coilovers or ORI st
    Pitbull 42’s
    108-110” WB
    20-25gal fuel cell
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 02-18-2015, 03:58 PM.

Re: Family Crawler

Needed to build a table to start the frame.

First my brother giving safety tips to my twins

Adjustable legs

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 02-18-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hate too see the blue one stripped, but i'm sure the next one will be even better.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I take my two littles (6&4) wheeling a lot. I definitely would not advise narrowing the body. When I try to take the family camping it takes a lot of thinking planning and a hitch mount cargo carrier.

Comment

Sounds like you need to build a trailer.
          Matt, looking forward to seeing what you end up with. I'm sure it will be even more bad ass than your current rig.
          Originally posted by kawikevin250 View Post
          I take my two littles (6&4) wheeling a lot. I definitely would not advise narrowing the body. When I try to take the family camping it takes a lot of thinking planning and a hitch mount cargo carrier.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I take my two littles (6&4) wheeling a lot. I definitely would not advise narrowing the body. When I try to take the family camping it takes a lot of thinking planning and a hitch mount cargo carrier
            I hear you but If you take the width out of the fender wells than you have the same floor space as stock. My current rig I widened the floor since I was running full width axles and ended up with 4 inches wider. But then my shocks eat all that up. And my fuel cell and cargo box take the rest. Also bobbed the rear 4" didn't help
            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Matt, have fun with the build! I suggest body on body off A LOT to check clearance. If you haven't seen it before I attached a frame print that if you open it in Windows Paint full scale you can divide the pixel movements by 16 and get accurate measurements of a frame or its mounting points, I wish I had found it prior to starting my frame. A lot easier to measure for body mounts and other locations.

Looking forward to seeing the brackets in use!

Good Luck!
              Justin
              Attached Files
              1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

How about narrowing the witdth & stretching the length? You would get the best of both worlds. With a 108-110'' wheel base that would look & function great.

Comment

Just looking at the finished table project tells me it will be a high quality build!
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I got all the pieces cut out. The compound cuts took a little thinking, it doesn't help that the tubing is a little different on each side. Now I need to start tacking it together. The frame is pretty much just like SonicDonkey's frame build. He actually gave me one of those badass cross member and body mounts he made. Thanks again.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 02-23-2015, 09:40 AM.

Comment

How much for the blue frame and body?
                      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Not sure yet. It won't be for sale until next winter. It will be a pretty good deal because u get the full body, frame, cage, rock skiis, bumpers, and link mounts.

Comment

Had to buy a few more clamps for this project. Slow going but making progress

Comment

I bet it's nice working off a level platform.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Frame came out pretty good so far. Pretty much the same as SonicDonkey has his laid out. Now I need to get the body on to make sure it will work. Cross your fingers!

Comment

Working...
                              X