70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

I'm pulling the trigger and getting the MTRs... mainly because they are one of the few tires available in the size I'm looking for without spending a lot more.

I went to www.tirepackage.com and punched in the size I'm looking for (37x12.50-15) and came up with a price of $242 each. Tirepackage.com partners with 4-Wheel Parts (and beats their prices most of the time) and allows you to pick up the tires at 4WP stores.

Being the deal seeker I am, I called America's Tire here in Livermore to see what they could do for me and they're going to match that price, as well as honor the $50 rebate currently offered on Goodyear tires. Hey, 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

They said they could have them for me next week sometime so I think I'm going to do it and take my chances on the MTRs. They should be fine for my purposes, and unless they are absolutely terrible I'll just deal with them until they are ready to be replaced.

Thanks for the input guys!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

right on man!! Can't wait to see em mounted.
      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
        right on man!! Can't wait to see em mounted.
        Me neither! LOL.

So does anybody have any use for my stock-ish sized tires? They are Goodyear Wranglers too! I'll let them go cheap!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in anything.....but I just saw these on pirate.

road trip??

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716677
          1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

You will be fine with the MTR!! Good job on the 37"

Aaron
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
              I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in anything.....but I just saw these on pirate.

road trip??

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716677

Hmm.... not a bad deal!

But on second thought, I don't really want to kill a weekend just to go get tires that are that far away.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                Hmm.... not a bad deal!

But on second thought, I don't really want to kill a weekend just to go get tires that are that far away.
                I think Dusty may be from down that way. Maybe you could have him pick them up, and then work on the transit over time.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm driving down to San Diego on the 16th, could grab them. You will like the MTR's, I did till I went with bigger TOYO's

EDIT, bleach the tires and do burnouts for U toob/us
                  Last edited by Broncrick; 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM.
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Well thanks for the offer Rick... but I ordered my MTRs this afternoon. They will be here next week and installed by next weekend!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I like Ricks idea of the burnouts with the itsy bitsy tires.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        I'm driving down to San Diego on the 16th, could grab them. You will like the MTR's, I did till I went with bigger TOYO's

EDIT, bleach the tires and do burnouts for U toob/us
                        Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        I like Ricks idea of the burnouts with the itsy bitsy tires.

I have no idea how I missed that suggestion! I think that needs to happen! Anybody got a video camera they can film such antics with????
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                          I have no idea how I missed that suggestion! I think that needs to happen! Anybody got a video camera they can film such antics with????
                          A linelock on the front would really make this interesting.
                          Marc D.

Comment

• More bumper progress

I've got to be the slowest fabricator... but here's today's progress on my rear bumper. I notched it and welded in the receiver hitch tube, and made some progress on the swing arm that'll hold the spare tire. The swing arm is built pretty damn heavy - but that's a good thing when its being designed to hold a 37" tire and steel wheel!

I hope to make more progress on it again tomorrow. and hopefully get the thing in paint and mounted soon... One thing I forgot to incorporate into this design is provisions for mounting the high lift jack to the bumper for storage. Still thinking about how to integrate jacking points on this beast too.
                            Attached Files
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• Re: More bumper progress

Not much progress to report but I did get my bumper ends capped and I'm looking seriously at making it into an air tank. Of course I kind of made things more difficult by capping before drilling for air fittings... I guess I'll have to drill it upside-down so that the shavings don't fall into the bumper and hope for the best.

Had a visit from FFMDX today who's Bronco sounds freaking awesome with its shiny new 347 stroker. After he left I took my Bronco for possibly its last drive on the little tires. I drove it for a good hour and a half or so. I finally drove it at highway speed for a while too - got it up to about 70 mph - and it was extremely stable and drove perfectly throughout the whole speed range. No wobbles or other weirdness to report. I am very happy with everything so far - suspension, engine, etc. I'm even adapting to the NP435 with all its sloppiness but I can't wait to try a different shifter in it.

Next update will likely be photos of the new wheels and tires, mounted! After seeing Sean's rig on 37" MTRs, I am like a kid on Christmas eve, the anticipation is killing me.
                              Last edited by CityHick; 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• Re: More bumper progress

[QUOTE=TN1776;52475]I'm even adapting to the NP435 with all its sloppiness but I can't wait to try a different shifter in it.[QUOTE]

Tony just make sure the shifter is in neutral before you pull it out.
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                                X