good from far build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good from far build

My brother and I are starting our build, now that I have most of the parts gathered up. I picked up a real rough 71 Bronc from a guy a couple months back.
    The bug started for my brother and I back in high school. It all started when our metal shop/wood shop teacher, he had a clean bronc that we worked on in class almost every day making rockers, skids, bumpers, and other things he come up with for the chosen hand full that he trusted with his baby. You can tell by my spelling that I spent more time in shop then english
    After hours bartering and off loading past projects to fund this thing. I have a list of over priced but good parts.

new 340hp 302 w/trickflow heads
    203/205 jeds doubler
    np435
    9" from 79 f150 w/drop out detroit 5.38's from a nascar shop
    full width 44 from efibronco 5.38's zip locker
    56" chevy springs
    front W/H 5.5 coils,wedges
    bunch of brackets from rough stuff
    balistic fab coil brackets and 1.25 jounts
    rear yj seat
    2 sticks 1.5x .125 dom
    1 stick 2x.250 dom
    yota taped steering box
    2.0x8" psc ram
    cand ham pump with bracket
    zero balance alum flywheel
    Mcleod clutch
    MSD Atomic EFI
    38" nitto mud grapplers
    plus a tun of little crap

We got this thing home and noticed the P/O started installing the cage and then figured out he cant get it out So we could quickly see where this was going. Everything we touched was ether not installed correctly or was from the factory over 40 years old all rusted up.

this is a pic of the buggy we built last winter and funded this project.
    and the pic of when we drove it off the trailer
    and last week after we tacked the revers shackles in and sat the 56" leafs in it.
    and thats my ugly Big Brother Mike in the pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pipelayer; 01-07-2013, 08:25 AM.

Re: good from far build

more parts pics
    and the bars we did this weekend. the front is almost ready to install and through this little motor in her
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pipelayer; 01-09-2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

got the front 44 in and got some FOA shocks
      Attached Files

Comment

and my brother got this boat all together
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good your going to love that motor I'm running same thing trick flow heads and cam

Comment

I hope it runs as good as it looks. I do wish I had a little higher gear the 5.38's will probably be a little low.

Comment

You should be good your running pretty big tires You will know soon looks close to running

Comment

It's all the little stuff that sucks like brake lines wiring that take the most time. But things like bumpers, skid plates and the cage go fast because it's fun.

Comment

I spent about 5 hours making a twin stick for the doubler Saturday then we got that big pig up in the frame all bolted up. My brother made the brackets for the power steering pump and alternator. also I picked up some new FOA 2.5 shocks for the rear last week. Its slow moving but we try to mix in some fab work to keep the moral up.
                  Last edited by pipelayer; 07-06-2014, 07:42 AM.

Comment

A bit of work done over the last couple weekends. Engine tranny and t case doubler installed with cross members. Fabbed alternator and ps pump brackets.
                    Last edited by rockslut; 07-06-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

couple more pic's. Front end is mostly done just need to mount ram on steering and fab some hoops for those big ol shocks. Radiater, fan hoses are on now comes the not so fun stuff efi wiring. Any sort of wiring suck we would much rather run beads than wire...
                      Last edited by rockslut; 07-06-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Here is a little update. We only been spending about 6-7 hours a week but have been making good progress. Hopefully we will be making a shake down run tomorrow. Well at least out to the pasture and drive it up on a few big rocks to see if our OKIE engineering works and to get shock hoops figured out. What could go wrong right a couple Irish brothers trying to flip there newly built bronco on some rocks in there back yard on St. Patrick's Day. Ill have video running for sure HeHe Things that still need to be done are mount shocks, run break lines (bleed), fan shroud, install new rear ford ranger leaf pack, front and rear bumpers, cage, put hood on, mount seats ect..... Things we have done since last post are efi hooked up and working, steering and ram plumbed, new rear drum breaks, gauges, exhaust + a lot of little stuff that comes up u know " fine tuning " Exhaust came out sweet, high and tight. I guess all those years of running poop pipe payed off for my little brother "pipelayer". He shortened the headers on both sides by about 8'' and made his own y pipe for the single 3'' exit. Here is a short vid of the built 302 running on the MSD Atomic EFI. Supper easy to hook up. i suck at wiring and did it in about 4 hours. I just fallowed the instructions step by step.
                        Only hick up we had when we first went to start it. The throttle body would squirt when u first hit the key to prime, then i would hit the starter. The engine would fire and run for 2-3 sec then die. We found that the little hand held monitor was not showing a RPM reading the way it had us hook it up. So i guess the computer wouldn't let any more fuel through because it felt there was no rpm. ??? So we ran the white wire coming from the efi to the msd control box were there was a tach out put. Makes scene right?? That was the trick. Fired up and ran sweet. hopefully it will have as good road manners as it sounds revving it up sitting in the stall. Here are a few picks and vid..

Last edited by rockslut; 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Last edited by rockslut; 03-16-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Those are the headman headers I got from pops that we cut down. Poop pipe exhaust pipe it's all the same shit

Comment

Got the front shocks in
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X