Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1973 Blown engine bronco

Originally posted by camp9k View Post
    ... Back brakes are ok but not great...I will address them later not sure if I want disc or not..
    I chased crappy rear brakes for about six months even after I replaced the rear pistons, shoes, springs, resurfaced drums, and removed gouges on both backing plates.
    Turned out one of the rear brake lines had rust snot inside - outside looked OK, inside rusted. So once I replaced all brake lines from proportioning valve on back it was fine.
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Been working hard on the Bronco and just posting what i have been working on this month...The fuel system was scarey! It had a NWMP 23 gal EFI tank which was good but it was installed wrong...Did not like his mounting choice and the many pieces and different type of cracking fuel lines. The wires were loose and needed attention. He also installed a T in the vent line for a return when the tank have a return connection on top? The tank had a good dent in the bottom which when he hit almost pushed the tank through the floor on the Bronco....so I pulled everything out and after lots of choices $$$$ this is what I came up with. I cant stress how much you can spend if you dont plan better which i didnt! I now have Steel braided lines running from the tank to the engine, stainless brackets "modified" (Amazon) along the frame and (bc bronco) hard line aluminum brackets which I used for the brake line and electrical. Lots of an fittings and fuel pressure gauge (summit...to Tracy one day free shipping w no tax!). Also a WH skid plate for the fuel tank which I strongly recommend super reasonable price, protects the tank and holds the tank in better! I like some of what i did but it was way to much money in fuel lines and fittings. If I were to do it again i would run hard lines most of the way and rubber in the back and only stainless and an fitting on the pressure side up front...Would have saved a ton of money! But it got me ready for installing my motor and I feel much safer about my fuel system.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bronco sighting in town like yours with no headlights test run???

Comment

Yes it was!

Comment

I was testing things out...Hows your 66 going?

Comment

With the help of my daughter and wife I was able to get the engine in! I tried to use a stock mustang wiring harness but had running issues. I gave up and installed one from summit racing and still had some of the same problems til I discovered my tps was out of adjustment...maybe didnt need the harness?
              Attached Files

Comment

Ready for a test drive!
                Attached Files

Comment

Ready for night test driving!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by camp9k View Post
                    I was testing things out...Hows your 66 going?
                    It is going ok, just have to many other things going at once. I actually worked on it this weekend. I did not put a fuel pump eccentric on my cam because I was going to run F.I. But that changed for now so I tore the front of the motor off and put one in. I had a little trouble finding the correct size dowel pin for it but got it. Lesson learned put one during the build either way... Also I did not use a oil slinger on the crank because I left out the eccentric. But my dual roller chain/gear set takes care of oiling the eccentric. My crank seal is double lipped so should not have any leaks leaving the slinger out. Got my rockers mounted, drilled and tapped, just need to get welting. I bought some Raptor liner to shoot in the bed after that I get it painted soon. Damn I wrote a story, so that is basically it.
                    Glad to see yours is going tho...

Comment

Lots of power! I installed my lift...happy with the springs but need to change the shocks. Lots of ATF on the ground and doesn't shift good so its been at the transmission shop this week! Maybe I can finally get some yard work done!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have had months of a idle issue that was driving me crazy and finally got all the engine bugs worked out. I had a complete new mangnaflow exhaust installed...super tight fit! I added the front bumper, winch and lights...Really miss seeing my grille, not sure if I like the look! Installed f-250 shock mounts and rs9000xl in the front and added WH flares. Starting to work on some rocker guards. Powder coated intake and added a new radiator and the engine compartment finally feels done!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lookin good!
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                          X