1973 Blown engine bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Blown engine bronco

finally back in a bronco! Had a 1972 back in high school and for some reason I built a jeep some years ago. Bought this in November but due to neck surgery have not been able to get on the computer. My friend bought a 1967 that was on Craigslist out of Vacaville at the same time. We are both infected with some type of disease...all we talk about is our broncos and whats going on with them. havnt been able to work on mine much but I am amazed at how much rust mine has and how little his has!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by camp9k; 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM.

Re: 1973 Blown engine bronco

Now I need to sell my CJ7!

Comment

My friends 67
      Attached Files

Comment

Cant show this to my doctor
        Attached Files
        Last edited by camp9k; 01-03-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

my friends 67...he is way ahead of me!
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome. What are your plans for your Bronco?

Comment

Thanks! I need to replace the engine and shut the hood! I need to upgrade the suspension and tires soon also. im sure my list grow!
              Last edited by camp9k; 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

My replacement engine!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by camp9k View Post
                  Cant show this to my doctor
                  hahaha This totally looks like something that I would do. hahaha
                  1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

I am running a 91 5.0 EFI with the Comp Cam 35-308-8 on GT40P heads. It was an extra $400 head work to accommodate the lift. I think your aluminum heads are the way to go in that they are designed for that lift from the get go. Cool rig ! Welcome!
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks! I went with the comp cam 35 510 8 almost the same cam and Im almost ready for install.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The new engine looks awesome! Nice looking Bronco too. What are you going to do with the old blown engine?

Comment

been parting it out...its down to a short block and not frozen ...you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by camp9k View Post
                            been parting it out...its down to a short block and not frozen ...you want it?
                            I don't need one, but I've always wanted to try my hand at rebuilding an engine. I think it would be a fun project. Too bad you don't still have the heads for it. Do you know what happened to the engine that made it "blow"?
                            Last edited by crawlin68; 01-06-2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

So i got the engine ready to install and decided to go through my brakes and fuel system since i have the room. The bronco had a WH hydro system and disk brakes. The proportionate valve looked original and some of the lines looked like they had had some vise grip work done to them. I took everything apart and made and made a parts list. One thing that happened was one of the steel braided lines that come out of the master cylinder to the proportional valve came apart. It had rubber near the fitting and I noticed the new one from WH had steel...I yanked on the other one and it seems fine so i used it from the proportional valve to the front brakes since my bending skills are not very good. I installed the longer stainless line in the front and back since I plan on a suspension soon and hopefully wont have to remove my line again. Bleed and painted everything and it seems fine. Back brakes are ok but not great...I will address them later not sure if I want disc or not.Now on the check the fuel system.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X