67 EB Father/Son Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 67 EB Father/Son Project

Looking really good. Lot of learning going on there. I couldn't do that!
    Last edited by Henry66; 03-31-2013, 06:16 AM.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Got to say welcome I am just down the hill Ukiah. Owen a 67 also keep up the good work.
      Brian
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

You guys are doing some great work and you are going to end up with a great Bronco, but more importantly, some great memories! Keep up the good work!

Comment

You're making good progress, what a great project! In my late 30s I still enjoy working on old cars with my dad, way to get that started early
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

In the last week:

We separated the frame from the body
            We sandblasted the whole body
            Did a lot of repair work, welding up holes mostly

Next:
            Tomorrow I am sandblasting the frame and seam sealing the whole body
            Next week we are putting up the paint booth!
            Then onto paint!
            67 EB 289
            First vehicle, bought it at 14 and have been getting it road ready for the last two years, hopefully it will be drivable by August.
            3.5 inch lift, Dana 44 with 4.11 and disks, 100% Oakey

Comment

As my son said, we have gone a little deeper into the Bronco. The body is off the frame and has been completely sand blasted. All of the rusted out areas have been repaired or replaced. All of the extra holes have been welded up and we have coated the entire tub with rust converter. Today we started priming the engine compartment and the bottom with metal etching primer. I hope we can remember how to put this thing back together.
              Attached Files

Comment

More pictures of tub after a priming the engine compartment and bottom.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman View Post
                  More pictures of tub after a priming the engine compartment and bottom.
                  Yes you went DEEP... But now its done and you can enjoy it for years to come. Take plenty of photos! Looks great!

Doug
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                    Yes you went DEEP... But now its done and you can enjoy it for years to come. Take plenty of photos! Looks great!

Doug
                    Thanks. I don't know about "Done"? That word seems so far away. I know what you mean though. I feels good to see the primer go on. I finally feel like we are moving forward not backwards. Soon we can start putting parts back on instead of pulling them off. At least on the body.

Comment

Finally got a day off and the only one I get this week. In the last few weeks I painted the engine compartment, bottom, and fender wells. Today I got a chance to weld the new rocker panels in. My son got a job, so I was working solo. It's nice that he will have more money for parts but its a bummer he will have less time available to work on his Bronco.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman View Post
                        ..My son got a job, so I was working solo. It's nice that he will have more money for parts but its a bummer he will have less time available to work on his Bronco.
                        Tell him this is just his welcome to the real world... that's how most of us are!
                        You guys are really going to have a nice Bronco with all of this work that you're putting into it now. I sometimes wish I'd have taken mine that far apart and really addressed everything. Nice work.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

We had a few days off together so we were able to get some work done. We coated the fender wells with the shake and shoot coating I purchased, the stuff looks really good. With a little adjustment in application PSI at the regulator, the stuff looks like Line-X just not as thick or durable. We welded the new fenders and taillight housing in, they turned out good but not perfect. It was impossible to get the body lines to match exactly. We did the best we could.
                          The old 289 engine went off to the machine shop for a rebuild. New valves, pistons and a mild cam. Builder says it should be close to 1HP per cubic inch with a new manifold and 4 barrel 600cfm carb.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X