67 EB Father/Son Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 EB Father/Son Project

Here is my son’s 1967 EB. He purchased the Bronco last year with his own money. We have been working on it when we can, mostly tearing it apart over the last year. We have made a few improvements.
    List of what we have accomplished so far:
    • Drained and replaced all fluids
    • Replaced brake lines and wheel cylinders
    • Installed power brake booster
    • Rebuilt the carburetor
    • Replaced spark plugs
    • Repacked front wheel bearings
    • welded up some holes in body
    The engine runs but is burning oil. The body is rough with some rust.
    Currently we are replacing the rusted out floor boards.
    We have almost all of the components to convert to power steering.
    We looking for a newer Dana 44 with disk brakes.
    Any suggestions or advice is always welcome. We are learning as we go.
    Attached Files

Re: 67 EB Father/Son Project

Nice job. My son and I work under a tree and it is still fun (when it is not raining).
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

My son is only 5 months old, but I look forward to our projects together.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

my beagle (closest thing I have to a son) loves working on my bronco with me and riding in it. My best advice is to get it driving even if it's not pretty or running great. Nothing will motivate you like driving it. Nothing will help you figure out what project should be next like driving it. for me it was electrical wiring harness first as my dash smoked on the drive home. Then it was brakes to make it safe. Then I got the doors back on and got the heater working to make it easier to drive when it got cold out. Enjoy

Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

It has been a blast. My dad owned two bronco's when I was a kid. I always wanted one. It's awesome my son thinks broncos are cool. We spend hours on the Internet looking at parts and pictures. We also have lots of father\son time in the shop. I may have to buy one when my son leaves for college.
          Attached Files

Comment

We have been working on replacing the floor boards over the last few days. There was a lot of prep work and fabricating. But today we welded the floor boards in. My son's welding skills are really improving. It won't be long before he is better than I am.
            Attached Files

Comment

Lookin' good! I still need to do my passenger side.

Comment

Thank you. It turned out pretty good for a couple of amatures.

Comment

That project is coming along nicely. I think you guys have the skills to tackle those rear quarter panels easy.

Comment

I don't know, it looks like a huge project. I don't know where to start. Do I cut it all off and start from sratch. Do I attempt to repair what's there. I am not a body and fender guy. I have never done anything like this before. I just don't want to screw it up.

Comment

yes there is a lot of work, but you guys will build some memories and he will learn some good skills. just be sure to make it as safe as possible. my dad had no mechanical abilities whatsoever, so i learned everything from friends or trial and error.
                      1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

I guess there is probably a "right way". Just remember you are working on a 50+ year old truck. I say you guys put your heads together and come up with a plan that you feel good about. I see broncos put together (or not) all kinds of ways. A patch fitted over that seam and screwed down would just be a badge of honor in my book. You see guards on the rear panels that cover that whole seam up. See http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8199
                        Last edited by Henry66; 12-30-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

looking great. Can you tackle the rear quarter panels after you get it back up and running?
                          Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                            looking great. Can you tackle the rear quarter panels after you get it back up and running?
                            We could but we want to sand blast the bed and Herculiner the interior. I thought I would try to tackle it since it will be down to bare metal. We don't want to Herculiner panels we will have to replace. Also we still need to find a D44 or install disk brakes before it is ready for my son to drive. I have been trying to buy a Dana 44 with factory disks. But, I have not been quick enough to purchace one. I have missed three already.

Comment

Another route is to do the junk yard Chevy front disk conversion. I don't know what parts you need but I'm sure a google search or a search here will turn it up. A buddy was at pick and pull here and got everything for cheap. I forgot what he told me but I thought it was like 30 bucks on half off day.

Comment

Working...
                              X