Squaw Ridge to Allen Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squaw Ridge to Allen Camp

Day 5: Donner Party stopped by last night when it was about 3 degrees below zero, I couldn,t feel my feet, and I was halucinating at about 4am...man it was cold. Today all better.
    We do this run jusrt about every year for the last 23 years. This years marks one of my biggest goals and that was to run both EB's. I ran up to Squaw Ridge yesterday but did not run down to Bear. I was alone and my steering is a weak link (stock box and linkage). I can really feel the Aussie Locker pull up those hills, its awesome but really puts a load on the linkage...I dont trust it.
    Question: When you are rolling up lots of little rocks, how do you keep your accelerator pedel from bouncing on your foot? seems it really wacks the drive train so I was jamming my foot against the tranny tunnel and hoping to keep that from happening allot. Now I see why running long coil overs would be a great setup.
    OK two more days, then home! Sierra, will take you up on a stop by next run for sure!
    Attached Files
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
      Question: When you are rolling up lots of little rocks, how do you keep your accelerator pedel from bouncing on your foot? seems it really wacks the drive train so I was jamming my foot against the tranny tunnel and hoping to keep that from happening allot. Now I see why running long coil overs would be a great setup.
      If the pedel is crammed down to the floor, you don't seem to have this problem.
      Actually I just try to idle over the ruff stuff.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The tranny tunnel trick works best for me. I have found though that with my NP435 and 4.11 gears I'm low enough to idle over quite a bit of stuff. Maybe the 37s smooth out the bumps a little. Airing down also helps if you're not already aired down.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Get yourself some coilovers and air bumps, then punch it

Comment

Remote cable throttle..........
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
              Remote cable throttle..........
              x2 cable throttle
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

X3

Comment

Day 6: Was a blast! Ordinance expenditure exercise was followed by "Check your sidearm at the door for a Tequila Shot" BBQ. We were pleased to host our friend Joel who is active duty MARSOC home for some R&R!
                  Day 7: Today packed out and drove home. It was a long day! Got home safe and sound. Can’t wait to go again!
                  Attached Files
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Looks like a good time had by all. Congrats.
                    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

That looks like a great time. Now you need to figure out how to get a real axle and tires under trailer. Maybe that spare 9" you have in the garage so that you have matching bolt pattern on the trailer. Then you would only need to carry one spare.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                      X