Squaw Ridge to Allen Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squaw Ridge to Allen Camp

We made it!! Every year we head up highway 88 and turn into an area just SSE of Silver Lake and camp by this very remote lake whos name shall remain Mud (its a seceret place). We got in late last night and setup this morning...here till Sunday.
    The trail from Lower Bear Res north to Allen Camp/Plasse is supposed to be open and a good dusty trail. We are going to try and run it so stay tuned.
    Suffice to say my son's White EB and my Grey EB made it up no problems. My Grey EB pulled a 2800lb trailer with two dirt bikes and an ATV up to 8000feet no problem. Thanks to TBSPops and Trailbound, it's running the 4.11 rear and the seat belts too. All Good!!!
    I will post more pics tomorrow whenI drive into Plasse Resort again (Volcano wireless).
    If anyone is running amaturer radio, we will monitor the Pine Grove Repeater 146.835 (- 100PL) and we will also monitor simplex 147.405. Have fun everyone, come up and see us!!!
    call for KI6BDP Mud Base
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spaceburger; 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM.
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Re: Squaw Ridge to Allen Camp

sweetness,glad it all worked out. Man i bet a packed trailer is just a blast in an EB up the grade.

Have fun Manuel, and give us a call if you need anything. I don't know if the ol mans street bronco can make it, but I'm convinced that my 2x4 dodge and a 21 foot equipment trailer can go anywhere.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
      sweetness,glad it all worked out. Man i bet a packed trailer is just a blast in an EB up the grade.

Have fun Manuel, and give us a call if you need anything. I don't know if the ol mans street bronco can make it.
      Ditto Manuel. Hey, dosent Jeffs rig move around under its own power at least?
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Right on Manuel. Sometime offline I must learn the real name of "MUD". I am constantly on the lookout for new places to camp away from others...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

thanks rick, but i said nothing about my rig
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Have fun Bud and keep posting the pics for us all to enjoy. Be safe.

Comment

Have fun. Holler if you need anything. That Mt. Zion repeater has awesome range.
              70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Thanks everyone. Day 3 all good. Camp set up and is being defended by a 50mm Spud Morter with an effective range of 80 yards.
                The White EB is sporting a new 12K winch and we fabbed a mount for the hi-lift on the rear tire carrier.
                Attached Files

Comment

My Grey EB did its first "rock" yesterday. Fricken awesome in 4Low with the NP435Granny and 4.11s LOVE IT!!! Last night was beautiful. Today different story. Weather Advisory for Highway 88 Carson Pass Area, COLD as a MF down to 30's, gusty winds, "blustery they call it) snow at 8500ft (we are camped at 8000). So we remade camp and sheltered from the wind and rain for tonight.
                  Made some great friends on the Mt. Zion repeater too. looking for some of them to visit Saturday. Tony, I will share the seceret location of this beautiful little spot but is is dusty!!!! wMaybe the beautiful orange rig of yours is due for a dusting!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Spaceburger; 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Very Nice!
                    Jack
                    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Looks like a great place! Nothing like launching spuds from the comfort of an antigravity chair too.

J
                      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Manuel, you reminded me that I need to build another potato gun. Those things are way too much fun. My last design gave a hell of a report upon launching - unfortunately I had to destroy it - it got damaged and I no longer trusted it.

Looks like a great spot that you have there though - too bad about the weather. I am headed up hwy 4 next week, hopefully it warms up a little by then. This is weird weather for august.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Great Manuel! I always take my 'tater gun' wheeling. Enjoy brother, wish I was there
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

man, that look so much fun. really like the pick with the moon. more pics for sure. this is a regular thing you guys do?
                            What can I fix next?

Comment

Feel free to drop in on your way back, I'm 1/4 mi off 88.
                              70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Working...
                              X