Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My weekend trip in the hills out of coalinga!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I spoke to Alex at PORC. I have to say he was very helpful and easy to work with, he also had a lot say. I tried to buy some new axles from him but he didn't have any thing in stock that would work. He did feel that Warn's (although pricey) or Superior's would be the best choice (he doesn't sell Superior). Sounds like they have been having a lot of problems getting axles from Alloy USA. He also said that Alloy USA, Dutchman and Yukon's are all made in the same Forge in India. But he did give the number to his Yukon sales rep, who was willing to warranty my shafts. The best part is they will be here tomorrow, it turns out Randy's Ring and Pinion (Yukon's US distributor) has a warehouse in Fresno. Now I need to call CTM for some parts.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Called CTM, they are sending me a new cap free, I payed shipping. I also ordered some new snap rings and o-rings, so I should be ready to break something else this weekend .
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Nice standing behind products and customers! Guess I know were my axle biz will be going.
        Tony
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I'm glad to hear that Alex did you right. He has always done me right too. As well as Jack at CTM. Sounds like you'll back on the road this weekend so you can come down and help me get my 60 installed!

Did you happen to ask CTM what grease they recommend?

Comment

I'm glad to hear that Alex did you right. He has always done me right too. As well as Jack at CTM. Sounds like you'll back on the road this weekend so you can come down and help me get my 60 installed!

Did you happen to ask CTM what grease they recommend?
            Well the axles came today but, the CTM parts didn't. Not a big deal I really didn't have any plans for the Bronco this weekend. I actually could use the time to get some stuff done on my garage/shop remodel. If you need a hand I could help you for while Sat. morning.
            They said you could use any grease but they recommend Pure Power EP-2 Lithium. So I had them send me a tube.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
              Well the axles came today but, the CTM parts didn't. Not a big deal I really didn't have any plans for the Bronco this weekend. I actually could use the time to get some stuff done on my garage/shop remodel. If you need a hand I could help you for while Sat. morning.
              They said you could use any grease but they recommend Pure Power EP-2 Lithium. So I had them send me a tube.

I was just kidding about helping me, but thanks for the offer. Can you buy that grease local? If not, maybe I'll order a tube from them as well. Thanks.

Comment

I was just kidding about helping me, but thanks for the offer. Can you buy that grease local? If not, maybe I'll order a tube from them as well. Thanks.
                I'm not sure, I just ordered from them it was easier than searching for it down in town.

Comment

Im having trouble finding a tip that will fit the fittings so I can grease the suckers before I put them back in. Awesome pics by the way. thanks for posting them
                  Last edited by raharr3; 04-14-2007, 09:27 AM.
                  1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

You need a needle tip adapter or end for grease gun. I use the one below, I bought it at Napa several years ago. Mine is just an adapter. I am sure most auto stores would have them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ill try napa...I bought a needle nose dispenser made by Powerbuilt from PepBoys...but the tip was too big ..
                      1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X