Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have wheeling plans this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought is was called a quarter elipticle or something. I like the bumpers.

I am in Orlando Florida at the moment. The weather is great but there isn't a mountain to be seen.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
      I thought is was called a quarter elipticle or something. I like the bumpers.

I am in Orlando Florida at the moment. The weather is great but there isn't a mountain to be seen.
      The beaches are great too, especially during spring break. Too bad Orlando is a little far away...
      1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
      I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

It belongs to the poster helbnd1. You can see it on his rear license. Hey, helbnd1 post up some specs on your rear suspension. It looks like you have links as well as a full rear leaf. Inquiring minds want to know! But your rig is flat out sick for sure...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I am stuck at a Microsoft conference. I will make it to Kennedy Space Center tomorrow though, but that will be about it.
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

It looks like he has shackles on both ends, the links are there to keep axle from moving frt and rr. I have seen this system before its a great way to get max flex without going coilovers. It also looks like he might have a buggy spring set-up on the rear.

Comment

Buggy spring...THAT'S IT!!! That was starting to drive mw nuts not remembering what he called it.
              Anybody have any info on this type of set up?
              Jeff
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

The buggy spring set-up is simple to do. All it is is a main leaf cut apx 18" and bolt cut end to frame then hook your shackle to it. The major downside is if you dont run any links, when you flex it up and have to back up your axle wants to drive under your rig the buggy leaf isnt strong enough to transfer the power to your tires, now if you run links your axle wont move,but if you went to that much trouble making links you are 3/4 way to coilovers. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Sure did. Thanks!
                  Jeff
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Working...
                  X