No announcement yet.

What's the plan for Rubicon this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the plan for Rubicon this year?

Thanks Marc! I just looked it up and sent the link to the group.
    Jaromy

Comment

There's an event thread on Pirate4x4 every year with a google calendar where people can add the dates they're going

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/rubic...-calendar.html

Comment

It looks like the weekend that I suggested of July 21-23rd is right in between two major runs, so the trial should be pretty open as far as traffic goes.

Comment

39 Ford - Awesome pics , what's the elevation there? Don't have to tell you but people should be aware that there is ton more snow up high. The difference between 6k and 7k is amazing.
          Last edited by Mike; 03-07-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

The bridge at Ellis Creek is is right around 6500'. I found those pics on Pirates here is a link. It showes a great time line of the shit house and bridge getting buried in snow

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/rubic...onditions.html

Comment

Wow!! That's a lot of snow! The parking lot at loon spillway has to be 12+ feet deep!
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Some buds of mine got those on their sleds while up there, yup deep! They are actually going in today with rigs to the other side of the bowl where their cabin is, fun to listen to on the radio
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I might actually be in this year if it's on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd. It's my long weekend off

Comment

Have we decided on July 21-23? My wife is asking because she's planning summer camps for the kids and a possible family vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                      Have we decided on July 21-23? My wife is asking because she's planning summer camps for the kids and a possible family vacation.
                      Thats the beauty of this site, if the majority wants to set a date they can.
                      I think patrick is right about the snow levels this year. If we shoot for a date in july we will need to keep in mind the jamboree and the toyota guys ( no offence patricks brother)
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

and Ryan that will give you another month to work on your rearend. I,m in favor of those dates July 21-23 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	274525

Comment

did you really need to go there Bob?
                          Leave No One Behind
                          KK6AUW

Comment

So talking to a bunch of guys at the WH round up, We all came to the conclusion that the "Normal" dates (Last weekend in June) , are going to have snow all over the trail.

I would like to start a "Broncos on the CON thread but wanted to get a couple more peoples input about the dates.
                            July (20th)21st-23rd would work. the jambo is the week after and the toyota guys are the week before

Any arguments on why we should or should not go that weekend?
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I like that weekend!

Comment

It gives me more time to get this bronco but together
                                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                                X