No announcement yet.

What's the plan for Rubicon this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the plan for Rubicon this year?

So with all of the snow this year, what's the plan for this year? Will we be okay with late June again?

Re: What's the plan for Rubicon this year?

I think Robert Warke and some of his crew are wanting to come down in July sometime. No confirmed date yet though, but that will be a fun trip.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If my rig is done ill be wanting to go either date. I wonder if the fire restrictions will change if its still wet.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        So with all of the snow this year, what's the plan for this year? Will we be okay with late June again?
        thats a good question Patrick.

I know we have tried to do it late June, but this years winter snow pack might be a problem.
        If needed, Lets start talking now about the dates we want to do the 2017 Run
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
          thats a good question Patrick.

I know we have tried to do it late June, but this years winter snow pack might be a problem.
          If needed, Lets start talking now about the dates we want to do the 2017 Run
          That's why I started this thread now. Being here in the central valley, I don't know what the conditions are up there and what the snow pack looks like. What kind of fire restrictions (if any) will be in place this year. Will we even be able to get in there in June or should we look at pushing it back to July?

Comment

Generally the fire restrictions take effect on the 4th of July weekend.

But with this snow pack we might be able to have fire into July this year
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I am good with July. I live near Sac and am willing to do a day run or weekend in early June to see what it looks like. I have been up there during a big melt before and it can be nasty.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              m.chick ... old, experienced and still learning
              68 - done but never really done
              71 - my son's in pieces

Comment

I'm good with July too. We need to set some dates so I can put in my request for vaca at work. I noticed that the Jeepers Jamboree is in July this year too. So we would want to avoid that.

Comment

They do two different Jeep trips. Last weekend of July and first weekend of August.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Ok, so I'll just throw this out there. How about the weekend of July 21st-23rd. Hopefully by then most of the snow will be gone.

Comment

I'm going down with a small group from Oregon. I believe we plan to start the trail on Sunday 7/9. We took 7/10 - 7/13 off work so we have the weekends for travel.
                      Jaromy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elis Creek .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	274480Click image for larger version

Name:	Ellis Shit Haus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	274481
                        There is 10+ feet at Ellis and 2 more feet just fell in the last two days. Snow wheeling in June is all good, you don't have to pack an ice chest

Comment

Originally posted by JSmall View Post
                          I'm going down with a small group from Oregon. I believe we plan to start the trail on Sunday 7/9. We took 7/10 - 7/13 off work so we have the weekends for travel.
                          300 Toyotas hit the trail on the 11th for their annual Rubithon.

Comment

Damn! We thought we did a good job of planning it on a non event week. Where can I find info on this event? I would like to show the group. Thanks
                            Jaromy

Comment

Originally posted by JSmall View Post
                              Damn! We thought we did a good job of planning it on a non event week. Where can I find info on this event? I would like to show the group. Thanks
                              http://rubithon.com
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X