I got board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got board

Well, I got the skid plate pretty much finished up, and tomorrow I will drag the camp trailer out from infront of the garage with the bronco since my wife took my truck for the weekend to go backpacking. This way I can get the bronco to the welder so I can weld the frame portion to the frame. When I'm done with that, I will be attaching the rear coils to the spring buckets to see how affects the front. I really need to put on the rear set of ballistic coil buckets so I can lower the rear about two inches, but I think I will wait until after Moab to do that. When I do lower the rear, I will have to cut a section of the bed out for my upper links to travel into. Right now the body is my bumpstop in rear, and if I lower it two more inches, it will hit really quick.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm not a very good at being focused, so I haven't done anything else to the skid plate, or rear coil buckets. I did however turn one of my tarps into a trail cover using some rivits and a washers. It's a heavy sob, but should do the job.
      I also looked and when I lower the rear two inches, I will have to do some real floor modifications.
      Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
        I'm not a very good at being focused.
        I know that one all to well, but it's raining today and my carport is all wet and a Holiday too. So I think we are in the clear for today.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Marc, How many miles do you think you had on the old iroks? years??
          Last edited by Daddy4zack; 04-10-2010, 07:58 PM.
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
            Marc, How many miles do you think you had on the old iroks? years??
            I had over four years on them, but I have no idea how many miles. Most of my miles were around town, every once in a while I would head out for a 70+ mile trip, but I bet I didn't have over 5000 miles on them.
            Marc D.

Comment

Hard miles I'm sure but still a good tire!
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I had over four years on them, but I have no idea how many miles. Most of my miles were around town, every once in a while I would head out for a 70+ mile trip, but I bet I didn't have over 5000 miles on them.
                Probably all the asphalt grip test you do.
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

The spool in the back makes all the miles hard, and then I add a little extra with my abnormally heavy right foot.
                  Marc D.

Comment

I've had m IROKS since 2003. Granted there has been a lot of garage time, they have a lot of wheeling time too and are at least 50 percent still. One thing, they are pretty wobbly now and hard to drive with. I had leaky stems and the tires sat flat for long periods which ruined them I think;
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                      I've had m IROKS since 2003. Granted there has been a lot of garage time, they have a lot of wheeling time too and are at least 50 percent still. One thing, they are pretty wobbly now and hard to drive with. I had leaky stems and the tires sat flat for long periods which ruined them I think;
                      Towards the end, mine started rolling like crap. My driveway is grass, and it is amazing how much these new tires tear it up when just driving in and out of the garage. The old baldies did leave a mark.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Pics for Les.
                        If you look at post 49 there are some good ones of the steering box.
                        Attached Files
                        Marc D.

Comment

Thanks Marc, damn you did sure suck everything as tight as you could in there!

Comment

Working...
                          X