I got board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got board

No Patrick, I didn't repaint it, well actually I did, but that isn't what this is about. I finally decided to move the front axle forward after 6 years of thinking about it. I will be using a set of Duff arms, a f-150 box for the steering, and ballistic fab coil buckets. I will need to build the frame mounts for the arms since they were used and didn't come with the frame brackets. Anyone happen to have a good picture of the frame brackets? I'm about to head out and remove everything from the frame.
    Attached Files
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Re: I got board

SWEEET! I was close to pullin a Marc last week, spray bomb in hand......

Comment

Once you get this done you should try little sluice again and make sure I am there to watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
        Once you get this done you should try little sluice again and make sure I am there to watch again.
        I will be sure to let you know when I'm headed in. I just got back in from cutting off the shock mount, spring bucket, and track bar mount on the drivers side. I really need better lighting in my garage, and about 12 more feet of width.
        Marc D.

Comment

O.T. must be slow this week.
          69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Those little Dual 4ft florescent lights are cheap everywhere and just use a 3 prong plug. I wired up 4 of them in my garage and they made a huge difference. But more space would always be nice too! Ballistic make some really nice brackets that would work great for radius arm mounts, I don't know if they would be the right size for the heims on your arms.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I too bought my Cage arms used. Cage sold me a pair of their frame brackets, I don't remember the price but it wasn't terrible. Would be easy enough to fabricate a set though. They are little more than some 3/16 or 1/4" tabs welded and bolted to each side of the frame, protruding down about 4" with a truss running between them that gets tacked to the frame as well. Think of a big "H" with the upper half cradling the frame and the lower half hanging down to support those big ol heims.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                I too bought my Cage arms used. Cage sold me a pair of their frame brackets, I don't remember the price but it wasn't terrible. Would be easy enough to fabricate a set though. They are little more than some 3/16 or 1/4" tabs welded and bolted to each side of the frame, protruding down about 4" with a truss running between them that gets tacked to the frame as well. Think of a big "H" with the upper half cradling the frame and the lower half hanging down to support those big ol heims.
                Is there some kind of spacer on the inside where the 1" bolt goes through?
                Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                Those little Dual 4ft florescent lights are cheap everywhere and just use a 3 prong plug. I wired up 4 of them in my garage and they made a huge difference. But more space would always be nice too! Ballistic make some really nice brackets that would work great for radius arm mounts, I don't know if they would be the right size for the heims on your arms.
                I was thinking of putting some more of those lights up. I only have one in each part of my garage. Are you running the cage/duff arms? If so, maybe I could stop by some day and check out the mounts, and your fancy spring retaining straps that everyone wants to see.

Originally posted by BRONKEN View Post
                O.T. must be slow this week.
                It's always slow here. We need a big storm with some serious wind so I can make some extra cash. My tires are bald.
                We are however replacing about 20,000ft of 20 year old 750 aluminum with 1000kcml copper in an express run out of one our subs. It's a bunch of crap we have had laying around in our yard for six years and they want to get rid of it. They have found that 1000kcml ocanite alum will pack more amps. I sure would rather be replacing some old nasty power poles though.
                Marc D.

Comment

Maybe yoo can get the scrap wire That should be enough to put new axles under rig too.
                  69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

There are spacers that center the heim between the brackets. Heims are supposed to be used with spacers anyway. I've got to have a picture around somewhere...
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

they are called miss alignment spacers, and are a must for hiems. Super cheap, just hit up ruff stuff, should be less than $5. And yours should be 1.25 hiems if im not mistaken.
                      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

also start rethinking front body mounts
                        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                          No Patrick, I didn't repaint it, well actually I did, but that isn't what this is about. I finally decided to move the front axle forward after 6 years of thinking about it. I will be using a set of Duff arms, a f-150 box for the steering, and ballistic fab coil buckets. I will need to build the frame mounts for the arms since they were used and didn't come with the frame brackets. Anyone happen to have a good picture of the frame brackets? I'm about to head out and remove everything from the frame.
                          LOL!! That IS exactly what I thought when I saw the title of your thread. How far forward are you going to go?

Comment

Originally posted by BRONKEN View Post
                            Maybe yoo can get the scrap wire That should be enough to put new axles under rig too.
                            5lbs a foot. This stuff sucks.
                            Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                              also start rethinking front body mounts
                              The front hangs off of 1" square already so the mounts are going way, already heard about that clearance issue, thanks for the name of the miss alignment spacers also.
                              Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                              LOL!! That IS exactly what I thought when I saw the title of your thread. How far forward are you going to go?
                              Just going out four inches. This way I will hopefully not have to get to far into the grill. We will see what has to be removed when I get it rolling later. This is my buddy from Idaho's bronco. He pushed his forward six, and has the same rear suspension I have. Hoping for a simular stance, but a little lower. We have the same size tires.
                              Attached Files
                              Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                              X