No announcement yet.

Ignition issues (two of them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody dicked that up nicely for you heres a pic of mt voltage reg. The green Wire is a Ground, the yellow goes to the starter solenoid and the orange one goes to the battery.........you shouldn't have anything going to your choke from the volt reg. Spend the money and do the Centech you'll sleep better at night.
    Attached Files
    Brad
    Chico, Ca.

Comment

Is the Centech better than the Painless harness? Wait, I don't think I want to know the answer. I'm putting a Painless in my rig right now and it's not so painless. I'm surprised that it somewhat different than the factory harness and it's taking time to figure things out. That and I'm trying to mount it as clean as possible. Sean, if you are reading this thanks for letting me borrow your crimper.
      77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

I think the biggest difference in the two is the labeling of the wires. The Centech has the circuit written on the wire; instead of a number or color code. Other than that I think they are fairly similar in their design and layout.

Brad
        Brad
        Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
        X