Locking storage for topless rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Locking storage for topless rig

I have the 8" Tuffy console with stereo compartment. I had to remount my seats a little wider to make it fit.

Comment

I have one of the Jeep add a trunks, I sunk it in the floor and put it behind the front seats.

Other ideas I've always wanted to try is build the under hood storage box, the one that fits in the driver fresh air vent, out of aluim, I think that a good place for a firearm as it's pretty hidden.
      Boxing out the rear 1/4's like the factory 1/4 pannel interior pannels out of steel with a flip down lid would a be good use of an odd storage place too.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I've been thinking a lot about interior rear quarter panel storage. My cage really gets in the way there as its got a diagonal support bar running between the middle and rear hoops that blocks off a lot of that area. Just making my speaker panels fit was a bit of a challenge. But where there's a will there's a way.

Firearm storage is mainly a concern when traveling to and from the trails - like when I stop for lunch, etc. I always hide them very well and somebody would have to really start taking everything out and opening stuff to find them. But like I said the idea of being able to camp away from my rig for a night, knowing that my tools and spares are at least relatively safe would be nice.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Boxing out the rear 1/4's like the factory 1/4 pannel interior pannels out of steel with a flip down lid would a be good use of an odd storage place too.[/QUOTE]

You mean like on the dodge outdoorsmen trucks with the side bed openings? That would be slick! I would not want to attempt it though.
          Attached Files

Comment

With bc gaurds that wouldnt be that hard but it would be a horrible idea as tonys paint just finally finished drying
            Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
              With bc gaurds that wouldnt be that hard but it would be a horrible idea as tonys paint just finally finished drying

Ordered a 6.5" tuffy center console today; couldn't find one locally. 4wp has a pretty good price after adding it to your cart. $208. Lower than any advertised price I could find. Stood around taking measurements a while and got bored. Still planning to look around at lowes and depot for more ideas.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-ALUMINUM-...39842022&rt=nc

this is cool
                and this
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Trademar...-/351039842022
                Last edited by pipelayer; 04-11-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Tony, sent you a PM.
                  1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                  I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    I've been thinking a lot about interior rear quarter panel storage. My cage really gets in the way there as its got a diagonal support bar running between the middle and rear hoops that blocks off a lot of that area. Just making my speaker panels fit was a bit of a challenge. But where there's a will there's a way.

Firearm storage is mainly a concern when traveling to and from the trails - like when I stop for lunch, etc. I always hide them very well and somebody would have to really start taking everything out and opening stuff to find them. But like I said the idea of being able to camp away from my rig for a night, knowing that my tools and spares are at least relatively safe would be nice.
                    I made a storage compartment out of my passenger side quarter panel like this but not a locking one. I used some aluminum angle to make upper and lower channels kinda like a sliding closet door. Then bought some 3/8" high density plastic for the sliding doors. I imagine the same could be done but with aluminum doors that have locks on them. I just use mine for tools, first aid kit, air hose, etc.
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Box in the area under the passenger seat as it is hidden and most people wouldnt think to look there. My old CJ-5 had a storage area there. Or what about the heater boxes/vents. I know they sell the drop in storage containers if you dont use the heater.
                      1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

I had fitment issues with the box that drops into the fresh air intake on the driver's side so I returned it. I have since re-purposed that area - made a flat plate to seal off the top, that is easily removable. Right below that is where the majority of my wiring harness passes through the firewall so I can access both sides of the big weatherpack connector that I installed there. So storage there is out.

Underhood storage is still an appealing idea to me though - years ago my dad had an old F250 with a steel box on one of the inner fenders that he used to store lengths of chain that we used to drag big logs with when we'd go get firewood in the mountains. Was very handy and out of the way. Something like that for storing some basic tools and such would be nice.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Working...
                        X