• Show
Clear All

Re: six inches longer!!!

can i wrist lars bars without messing up anything or would it be hard to do
    68 with edelbrock efi on a 302...4.5 WH lift with 2 inch body 33 inch km2

Comment

Originally posted by nabes68 View Post
      can i wrist lars bars without messing up anything or would it be hard to do
      You probably could,, but why? they give all the flex you need out of a EB suspension. If you want more go three link and coil overs in the front. Four link in the rear.

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I am not sure long arms give the most flex I think.if you wrist a arm it might be better and cheaper than a three link jmo

Comment

I have Duff arms and rear 4 link and my bronco flexes over 1000... Wristed arms are old school. You can use them but honestly you'll like the long arms more. They flex great offroad and handle a lot better on the highway than a wristed short arm.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have no firsthand experience with wristed arms but I will say that my Cage arms provide more travel than I'm willing to use. I cannot find my forklift picture but at the time it was taken I could have rolled my 37" spare under the front tire at around the time a second wheel started to come off the ground. This being said there's a first time for everything and you might squeeze a little more travel by wristing a long arm.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I think It would be worth a shot to try I think I'm going to try it

Comment

I ran a wristed arm for years and ended up just leaving it pinned. I ended up bending multiple fixed arms from the extra strain on them and really got tired of the unloading when off camber to the drivers side. I'm now runnin duff long arms and they flex near what my wrested arm did, but are a hole lot better by the seat of the pants. Click on my screen name and you will see what I'm talking about on the unloading. Nobody has ever rolled where that happened.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I ran the wristed arm for a while and thier main advantage was the allowed the axle to move when you maxed out the frame bushing for more flex. I have heard of people runing housings with the wristed arms with the way they put pressure on the tube to twist. With the Lars bars or other arms you replace the bushing with a joint and get almost the same flex without the problems.

Comment

Ok so it sounds like a no go I am planning on johnny joints how many feet of dom per arm will I need and is the 9 degrees necessary or can they be straight

Comment

• Re: six inches longer!!!

They can be straight. I think the bend is more for tire clearance than built in caster. If you have welded wedges on your axle you can cut them off and re-weld them clocked to change your caster.
                      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

What degree bushings would I use for a 3.5 lift or should I use stock bushing and build it into the arms

Comment

You only want to build so much into the arms. Cage only puts about 4deg in the arms and supplies 4deg bushings with them. If you put too much into the arms, then its to hard to go back. so you really won't know until its all together and checked. or just put 7.5's in it and hope for the best.
                          Last edited by TBS-POPS; 04-16-2012, 05:40 AM.
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted 66 View Post
                            I like the title........Six Inches Longer......
                            6 pages before someone commented...
                            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                            I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Working...
                            X