3 Link'in the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Link'in the front

I really did'nt want to bend the upper control arm either like Ca.Monkey, This has turned out to be a cluster F*@k..... I'll get some pics of this mess and post them up so maybe I can get some bewtter idea's.
    Last edited by TWISTER; 01-17-2014, 05:53 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Are you worried that the bend in the upper link will lead to it being too weak and bending in the future?
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Mines on the inside of the frame as well, passenger side.
        Doing it again, I'd be on the outside of the frame.
        Mine is tube sleeved through the frame, then a bracket to put it in double sheer. Mine rubs the exhaust, but it's mainly because my exhaust sucks, spending more time routing it or better headers would fix that issues. (I've got block hugged headers, I should of used EB headers. )
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by TWISTER View Post
          Damon, Did you mount your upper control arm on the scout like that? if so, do you think that is going to have enough strength?
          I did, and do. I plated the top, and added an inner piece, but cant find pics of that. I dont think the inner piece is needed tho. Its not in 'single shear' and most track bars are fairly similar in design. I did quite a bit of research and spoke to a few that have run it this way with no issue. It clears on the inside of the frame WAY better than other designs, and you dont need room on the inside to try and get the bolt out of the bracket and clear drive shaft, tranny, whatever. It worked great for me, and is just another option.

Im on the way to Ruff stuff if you want to swing by and take a look at it.

Comment

My upper link was put on the inside of the fame. It is a tight fit with my make shift flex exhaust and the tranny but it works great If you still need an idea I can include a picture.

Comment

Well, I ended up putting it on the inside, I shaved the front crossmember and pushed the axle 2" forward. Putting it all together this week. Thanks for all the help guy's!
              sigpic

Comment

Post up some pictures and helpful info. I am looking at doing the same thing...3 link the front 2 inch stretch minimum and 4 linking the rear 3 inch stretch. ...Hopefully relocating the gas tank back 3 inches. Going to go with ORI's. Ruff Stuff 3 and double triangulated four link...suspension makes a huge difference off road. Hoping for a smoother ride with increased articulation. I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing a before and after flex and ride comparison...
                How do you like your 3 link on the front? Those that have done it do you notice a difference?
                thanks,
                Howard
                Last edited by Stonyford; 03-02-2014, 07:51 PM.
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]70 bronco 60 front, Sterling 10.25 rear, 347 injected, C-4, atlas3.8, and 41 inch IROKS.

Comment

Working...
                X