3 Link'in the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Link'in the front

So, I don't post much on what I do with my Bronco but i'm gunna throw this up. Last winter I 4 linked the ol' girl because I was tired of the leaf springs drama and wanted to be one of the cool kids, since I have linked the rear my front has got very lazy, and I've read that in many places. so, the question is do I push the front axle forward or stay stock wheelbase?I did'nt push the rear back because of the fuel tank. I'm 3 linking the front because I'm tired of replacing the bushings on the Duff arms, I can't seem to get a season of wheeling out of them. School me on what you guys know about pushing my stuff forward, I want to stay pretty much to stock look.
    sigpic

Re: 3 Link'in the front

I say push it forward as much as you can to your liking. The longer the wheelbase the better in my opinion. I pushed mine forward 6" and that causes a couple other issues. I ran a 4X4 box stock with pitman arm forward. Set up was just like an F150. I had to trim the grill up to the headlight rings for tire clearance. I also cut out the stock crossmember and replaced it with a piece of 2X4X.250. I used ballistic fab adjustable coil buckets. I think if you start with uncut fenders you could make the wheel well look better than mine. The rear is also pushed back 3".
    Attached Files
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I have no idea why that posted upside down.
      Marc D.

Comment

Kind of looks right at home---LOL----
        Jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

As usual... Upside down!

Comment

I pushed back mine back a good 4" and looks like I can fab up a stock style tank....

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
              As usual... Upside down!
              I did roll it the day before that pic was taken.
              Marc D.

Comment

Mine is back 4" with a stock tank it has about a half inch clearance

Comment

I just did not want to hack the front grill up. So, I'm gunna stay stock wheelbase and just put her back together. The next project is one that I'm looking forward to, the reason for this is to give the next project the hand-me-down parts. Oh! and Patrick, your a whore!
                  Last edited by TWISTER; 01-01-2014, 01:05 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

You should be able to cheat 2 inches forward and not have to change anything.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Mark, is this going to make a difference?
                      sigpic

Comment

Every inch helps! Also the tire is way to close to the rear of the front wheel wells, add a lift and it moves 1/4" of so further back.
                        I'm a wheelbase fan, with every larger size you go up it's best to add wheel base.
                        When I just cheated my radius arms forward I just leaned the coils, I changed nothing but a longer radius arm. The coils looked leany but everything else cleared just fine
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by TWISTER View Post
                          I just did not want to hack the front grill up. So, I'm gunna stay stock wheelbase and just put her back together. The next project is one that I'm looking forward to, the reason for this is to give the next project the hand-me-down parts. Oh! and Patrick, your a whore!
                          Leave No One Behind
                          KK6AUW

Comment

Yep I did 2" also it just gets tight around the draglink area on mine

Comment

I was told some time ago that you can always use a pitman from a mid 80's dodge pick up. it's suposed to fit, but is an inch shorter.
                              Ima pick one up at PnP and move the front end as far forward as possible when I put the D60 in.
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                              X