This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some info from the BLM site.

South Cow Mountain OHV Recreation Area emphasizes off-highway vehicle use. Over 120 miles of vehicle trails interweave 23,000 acres, and offer challenges to motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, and four-wheel drive enthusiasts alike. Non-motorized recreation is also welcome. There are two developed campgrounds and two OHV staging areas to help make your visit enjoyable.

Directions

From Ukiah, take State Highway 101 to the Talmage Road exit. Go east on Talmage Road about 1.5 miles. Turn right at Old River Road. and proceed 0.3 miles to Mill Creek Road. Turn left on Mill Creek Road and continue east 6 miles to entrance to South Cow Mountain.

From Lakeport, take State Highway 29 to the 11th street exit. Go west on 11th street (which becomes Scotts Valley Road) 0.5 miles. Turn left on Riggs Road and continue west and south 0.75 miles to Scotts Creek Road. Turn right and proceed west on Scotts Creek Road 2 miles.

The South Cow Mountain area is subject to closure during periods of wet weather. During the rainy season, call (707)468-4000 24 hours a day for current conditions before you come.

and here's a link to a map.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/pdfs/ukiah_pdfs/South_Cow_Mtn.pdf
    Last edited by kwspony; 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Thanks Kwspony the area we put all the rock is by #7
      Last edited by Bronco Brian; 07-27-2006, 06:55 PM.
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

How about Hollister?

Comment

I would be up for Hollister. If all the guys in the sac area wanted to caravan down together we could start the meeting early with a road trip
          Lets get this nailed down
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
            Well,, looks like Delta's Tomato patch is out..

Just kidding.. I would still like to get some kind of trail run togeather..

Strawberry???

Any Medium trail around to get all of us out wheeling.. ???

Aaron
            I second the Stawberry Idea that is my favorite trail and I might just have my lift installed by September to run it

Comment

If we decide on a trail-run....let me know if somebody has a empty seat.

My Bronco isn't feeling well.

Comment

What's our update here? When Mark gets back in to comission we should get ready to meet up...
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Well it looks like PC wins the location hands down. So now we need a date. How about Sept. 30th? That should give everyone enough time to do the repairs that are needed and come out and have some fun. What do you all think?

Comment

This kinda died again...what's the dealio??
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

It's ALIVE...............
                      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Hey, depending on when this is and if I get my new axle shafts installed by then, I'd be up for the place up in Sacto, or even the Frank Rains place.
                        rich
                        '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
                        '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
                        "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Would hate to miss this. Any chance of doing it Sun afternoon??
                          Thanks FM
                          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                            Would hate to miss this. Any chance of doing it Sun afternoon??
                            Thanks FM
                            Sundays are better for me also with 2 kids in soccer. but i will make it work no matter what.
                            Aaron
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think we should do it on Sunday for Familyman. I know everyone wants to crawl around his rig and get some more ideas for their rigs. Sundays work for me also.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sundays are cool if its not my weekend to work, I could go in early and get off around noon and show up later.

Comment

Working...
                                X