No announcement yet.

Meet-n-Greet in the South Bay this Sat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meet-n-Greet in the South Bay this Sat?

Well we had a great time! Sorry some of you that tried couldn't make it, and others that wanted to be there but had previous commitments.
    The Smoke Eater location turned out to be about as expected. Nice spot to hang out in and grab some grub, but not a lot of parking.
    That didn't stop us though! We hung out after if cooled down and dodged cars until about 9 o'clock and I couldn't eat any more!
    Perfect weather too. Cooled off just right after about 7.

Great to meet Mark from Alabama and a darn good excuse to meet some new locals too! New to me anyway.
    Rob has a few great suggestions for future get-together locations that we should try. Mojo Burger seems especially well suited. At least for the San Jose events.

Picked Mark up from his hotel and jetted on over to Russell's (ehumaui) house to check out his new EFI setup and help set the timing. Hung out there too long and got over to Smoke Eaters a few minutes after 5, just as Phillip and Melissa were arriving, to find Rob already there and hanging out. Danny (mitzel) showed up not long after and we hung out in the parking lot, braving the heat, for awhile before heading inside.
    While we were outside, new friend Jacob showed up in his wife's new-to-them '96 Mustang Cobra convertible. Very nice! Thanks Jacob for dropping everything and coming on over after a last minute (4:45 that evening!) phone call.
    Gil, Becky and Mason (gddyap) showed up much later after finishing up their parenthood duties and partying heavily with the wild pre-school crowd.

After hanging around the Broncos for awhile longer, we all headed out in different directions. I think we had a pretty full night of Bronco-talk and meeting new people.
    The cool thing was that, for me at least, most everybody was new to me. Not just our out of town visitor either. It was great to meet so many more locals.
    And all this from a last-minute notification! Not bad at all.

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and that's what counts.

See you at the next one!

Paul
    Last edited by DirtDonk; 09-26-2010, 11:47 AM.
    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
    X