No announcement yet.

Meet-n-Greet in the South Bay this Sat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet-n-Greet in the South Bay this Sat?

And I really mean "South" bay this time. One of the guys from over on Classic is in CA for some business and we were wondering if anyone had any time Saturday afternoon/evening for a little get-together.
    I little last minute (to say the least!), but he just found out he had some time between Saturday's last meeting and Sunday afternoon's flight out, so I thought I''d post it up and see who's interested.

He's staying in Seaside, so if anyone is in the Monterey/Salinas/Watsonville/Santa Cruz area, that would be a good excuse for you all to get together and BS for awhile. And nobody would have to drive much to meet up.
    If not, then maybe in San Jose/Los Gatos like the last one we did down this way? I'm thinking he wouldn't mind that bit of a drive for some good Bronco-talk.

Just putting out some ideas anyway. I know it's the weekend, it's last minute, and it's possibly a big drive for most (I know most of you here are in the Central Valley/ Eeeeeeeest Bay part of the world), but it's never a bad idea to put it out there. It's been quite awhile since I've seen a get-together out this way anyway, so it might be fun.

Let's hear if anyone's going to be in that are on Saturday.

Thanks

Paul
    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Re: Meet-n-Greet in the South Bay this Sat?

PM me contact info, might be coming back North up that way around noonish...
    Rick-
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

PM sent.

Paul
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I might be able to make it. Let me know when you have more details.-Rob
        69 Bronco, FI 351W, NP-435 Trans, Dana20, Dana 44 w/ARB Air locker, BB 9" w/Detroit Locker, Fab-Tech ext. Radius arms, Fox shocks coil over frnt suspension.

Comment

Great. And it looks like it's going to be right in our area for sure, because our wandering visitor is heading to San Jose on Saturday anyway, for his flight out of SJO on Sunday.
          Perfect.

Now we only have to pick a spot. But at least we have more room to maneuver now. So far about 5 or 6 have said they're going to give it the old college try to be there. Farthest away so far is Santa Cruz, so if we keep it between say, Milpitas and Los Gatos and Mt View, we should have a decent turnout.

At this late date, it might just behoove me to simply pick a spot and see who can come?
          Other than that, any suggestions for some easy grub and good parking? Heck, even the In-n-Out by the airport has seriously good parking to show off Broncos in! But I'm open.
          We've had great luck at Boardwalk in Palo Alto, but I'd like to keep it a bit south of that if we can.

Any suggestions are welcome, but I'll pick something by later today just to cement it up.

Paul
          www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Oh, should we post this up to any of the other categories here, such as "Chat" to get a wider audience? Or does everyone keep an eye on this segment (like I tend to do) and make that unnecessary?

Thanks for any advice.

Paul
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

There is a place in Campbell called the Garret, its just like the Boardwalk in Los Altos. There is a parking lot that should work. www.thegarret.com/
              Rob
              69 Bronco, FI 351W, NP-435 Trans, Dana20, Dana 44 w/ARB Air locker, BB 9" w/Detroit Locker, Fab-Tech ext. Radius arms, Fox shocks coil over frnt suspension.

Comment

There's also a place on San Carlos in San Jose, Pizza Jacks No.2. Parking could be an issue. www.pizzajacks.com/
                Rob

Comment

Know the Garret well. Good place. Seems that parking could be an issue from what I remember though. Not too small, just too busy. But we can keep that one in mind.

Thanks Rob. keep the suggestions coming.

Paul
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Mojo burger at the corner of Bird and Minnesota (San Jose), parking lot is huge. They have by doing hot rod get togethers on Thursday nights for years.
                    There is a new bbq place and other restraunts at the Plant, corner of curtner and monterey highway (San Jose).-Rob

Comment

You're just full of good info Rob!
                      Actually, I'm heading over that way right now, so will just have to check in on the place to see what it's like.
                      If they've got a place where we can pull a few tables together too, that's a big bonus.

Harry's Hofbrau kind of fits both bills, and is close to all the right freeways too, but not everyone seems to respond positively when that name comes up, so I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

paul
                      www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Paul, what time are you thinking about for this meet? Tomorrow looks like nice weather and I don't really feel like tearing into house and Bronco projects like I should be doing. I might consider a run down to SJ to hang out with Bronco people.

-Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Harry's Hofbrau sounds fine. Is it the one right off 280?-Rob

Comment

Hey Tony, don't just think about it... Do it! Be great to have you down-and-over this way.

It's pretty open, but we're looking at the range of from 4pm to whenever at this point. We could make it 5 to whenever, but the early start lets a couple of others potentially get away from other duties for a little bit.
                            And that also gives us a chance to do some parking lot bsing before even thinking about food.
                            If you guys prefer a later time, let me know and we can flex it a little.
                            He has to return his rental car by 5pm anyway, so we could start at a later time if needed.

Love the layout of Mojo Burger Rob, think I'll save that for another time. A little closer to the freeways for the travelers would be Hot Wings on The Alameda about 1/2 mile off of freeway 880/17. Or Harry's Hofbrau on Saratoga Ave near 280 and Steven's Creek Blvd.

So let's do this. Hot Wings looks like a good spot for our smallish group this time. Parking's not super-large, but at 5 on a Saturday, it shouldn't be too bad I wouldn't think. Burgers and Sandwiches and Beer on tap in addition to the chicken wings. Practically next door is a Round Table, with more parking still, if we need to.

If, by tomorrow, it looks like we're going to have a bigger group, we can fall back to the Harry's second choice.
                            What say you all?

Put it to a vote. We've got one for Harry's already, and I'm in a neutral position in case we need a tie-breaker.

Paul
                            www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Ok, voting's closed for now. Hah!
                              Sorry I got the wrong name. It's not "Hot Wings", it's Smoke Eaters. Not sure where I got confused, but obviously didn't check my notes and got their menu in my head instead of their name?

Oh well, so it's Smoke Eaters at 2565 The Alameda in Santa Clara.
                              Any time after 4pm, but the bulk are probably going to start rolling in closer to 5.

See you there!

Paul
                              www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X