Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another 1911?

[spinaltap]
    Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.
    [/spinaltap]
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

If that logic was sound, you would have a Smith & Wesson 500! Biggest handgun in the world!!! Oh and by the way, cheap bullets for that are about $2.00 per round!
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Well, I was looking into a Ruger Mark III .22lr for fun today. I almost rented it just to play around, but it was an extra $20 to rent/rounds
        {o===o}
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Yeah, I want to get a 22 pistol next... those are great girlfriend guns or for people who haven't ever shot guns before. Also great because of the crazy cheap ammo!
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

22 is a great price! Thats why I was thinking of one. 500+ rounds for under the price of 50 .45auto.
            {o===o}

Comment

Get the .22LR conversion for your 1911

I love anything that shoots .22LR. I have shot thousands of rounds through my Ruger 10-22 and I always bring it with me when I go blasting in the woods. Cheap to buy, cheap to shoot, accurate as hell, and fun! The Mark III pistol is a great choice, a buddy has one and (though he has left-hand specific grips) I enjoy firing it. Another friend has an old .22LR revolver which is also a kick in the pants.

Glad you got some more trigger time. Call me next time man! BTW my wallet got a little lighter today too... got a safe on order now (a long overdue purchase).
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

The guy at the range said get the conversion kit too. It sounds like a good idea but I only have 2 problems with that.
                1. I kind of want another gun
                2. When you see a 1911 and a 22 sound comes out of the barrel, There goes your man card.

The Mark III just looks like a cool gun. It kind of reminds me of the gun used in "Lost in Space"
                {o===o}

Comment

I want a Ruger Mark III with a fake suppressor on it... real would be better but hey, this is California!

Comment

DAMMIT! I just spent the past 2 hours looking at the Ruger sr22. I like it
                    {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                      DAMMIT! I just spent the past 2 hours looking at the Ruger sr22. I like it
                      I kind of like the Taurus Tracker in .17 hmr... .17 hmr is a fun round with a surprising amount of pop vs. .22lr.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                        If that logic was sound, you would have a Smith & Wesson 500! Biggest handgun in the world!!! Oh and by the way, cheap bullets for that are about $2.00 per round!
                        Yeah and at that price its a good thing its not more fun to shoot more than about 5 rounds out of it. 1 round will drop an American Bison in its tracks!
                        Vacaville, Ca
                        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Yeah, and the bullets are so big it's a 5 shooter!

Comment

Working...
                          X