Another 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 1911?

Well technically yes, But Armscor/RIA calls it their 2011.

I get to pick it up on my birthday.

Happy Birthday to me indeed!
    Attached Files
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Re: Another 1911?

You guys have way too much disposable income. Oh wait, I have an airplane...
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
      Its not disposable to me. This has been a want/need for the past 2 years.

I decided it was finally time.
      {o===o}
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

You did good, Ryan. I definitely gave that very same piece some thought before I decided on the Sig. Good "bang" for the buck, pun intended. Glad you've joined the ranks of responsible gun owners - just don't prove me wrong on that.

Originally posted by Lars View Post
        I think you win in that category, Lars. I will however admit that my employer made good on my newly acquired "top technical contributor" status in the form of a nice bonus this year.

Now lets go shooting!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          You did good, Ryan. I definitely gave that very same piece some thought before I decided on the Sig. Good "bang" for the buck, pun intended. Glad you've joined the ranks of responsible gun owners - just don't prove me wrong on that.
          I guess I can't say "Can I shoot it?" and no more Clint Eastwood the trigger around my hand can I?
          {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post

I think you win in that category, Lars. I will however admit that my employer made good on my newly acquired "top technical contributor" status in the form of a nice bonus this year.

Now lets go shooting!
            I'm teasing, of course, as usual. I've looked wistfully at a few pieces over the years, then sat still till the feeling went away. My hangar is directly across from the Yolo County Sportsmen's Association (AKA the local range). Literally. Have I ever set foot in there? Nope. If I have time to go shooting, I have time to work on the contraption. Not for too much longer.

Ryan, nice piece!
            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

I was just at the gun shop today drooling over a Sig Sauer P229 Equinox... Very nice looking gun with a really smooth trigger! My back-pay money is burning a hole in my pocket!!!!
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                I was just at the gun shop today drooling over a Sig Sauer P229 Equinox... Very nice looking gun with a really smooth trigger! My back-pay money is burning a hole in my pocket!!!!
                I have the P220 Carry Equinox. Great gun . Looks bitchin too.
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think I need to go back and get it!
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                    I think I need to go back and get it!
                    Buy buy buy!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

You have done well young padawon
                      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I didn't know RIA had the full bull barrel. Looks just like my SA Tactical. Post up or PM me with what you paid for it. I may get this one for my everyday gun.
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I have never shot the Sig Equinox so I may be a little off here. But the Sig sear resets on the ones I've been issued as well own, are not the best when it comes to the trigger pull. Upon the sear reset, there seems to be a lot of trigger play before there is a positive pressure before you're ready to shoot again. For accuracy, I feel this is a downfall with the Sig. Don't get me wrong, I own several Sigs and like their accuracy and feel in my hands. I just feel the downfall is the trigger assembly.

Congrats on your new 1911. They are still my favorite sidearm. I truly enjoy carrying them on duty and additionally like the look on peoples faces when they see the "Locked and Cocked" way we carry them!

Brad
                          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Carl

The RIA FS Tacticle can be had between $575 and $625
                            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Nice, going to throw a lazier or handle on the front? Lol

I love the 45 1911...mainly the 1911a1 witch I hope to owne one....one day when I have around $1600 to blow..
                              1, I'm a WWII nut
                              2, it's a bad ass sexy hand gun.
                              1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X