No announcement yet.

Wife wants a pistol for her birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wife wants a pistol for her birthday.

Glocks are nice weapons for females or small statured males. The only downside is no safety. This means that it must always be in a holster, none of the "well it fits in the small pocket of my purse" stuff. That trigger guard must always be enclosed. But most important is how it feels in her hand, my wife shoots my 1911C better than my XD. Ranges and rentals get to be expensive but I'd rather dump $100 trying different rentals than drop $800 on a weapon she ends up hating.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

We dropped $160.00 at the range but got to shoot a number of guns and ruled out the gun that was at the top of the list before hand. The XD40. Plus we had a great family outing.

Comment

So, went by Just Guns on thurs. Found their price on the Glock 26 was very competitive and they are the closest gun store to me so I was stoked to save some dough on the wife's birthday present. Went outside and got in my van to leave and some dumbass was parked perpendicular behind me ( I guess because they are special and didn't want to park in any of the 14 open spaces) so I crank the wheel a little to try to miss the vehicle and promptly crash into the motorcycle parked next to me that I could not see out of the van.
        Fortunately I only put a big groove in the front fender and the guy was pretty cool about it. (motorcycle riding, priest at the gun store, go figure).
        So the moral of the story is we went back Fri. to buy the gun, got a good deal but who knows how much the fender is going to cost me, but the wife will be happy on her B-day.

Comment

That sucks...if it is a stock color...should not be too bad... Hope the wife likes her present!
          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Picked up the 26 Friday. Wife is happy. Have not heard from motorcycle guy.

Comment

Another bonus, she knows what she wants for Christmas. Gun bag, ammo, shooting glasses....
              No "gee honey what do you want for Christmas" this year.

Comment

You've got yourself a good woman...don't let her go!
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdobson View Post
                  Another bonus, she knows what she wants for Christmas. Gun bag, ammo, shooting glasses....
                  No "gee honey what do you want for Christmas" this year.
                  I would get my Wife a pistol for Christmas but I would like to live for a few more years!
                  '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Working...
                  X