Featureless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Featureless

Yeah, I'm looking at building a 300 blackout but the price per round is stupid....looking at reloading but the $$ spent there would prohibit any kind of build.....,.1st world problemos
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I think I am just going to say fawk it, build an 80% and park it in the safe. I have other rifles I shoot for fun/hunt with that are not an AR platform. I feel that if I do need an AR it is because SHTF and legality is not going to be a concern. I think I probably have the same mindset as a lot of people, but they don't want to voice their thoughts about it.

I also think that most of these new laws will be shot down(ha ha) in the courts. The magazine law is the first law I am aware of that criminalized law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen. Pretty infuriating really.
      71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
      nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by bent70 View Post
        One of each....I really want 457 socom, but don't plan on reloading
        That's a beast of a round....!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Step one....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161219_174951.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	274396
          Last edited by CityHick; 12-19-2016, 06:31 PM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Nice! My .308 lower is in jail now.......So...IF you want to build it to "2016 spec" and register it as an AW (wait to see what actually happens), per the "rules" you need to build it out completely before 1/1/2017. Build it and take a time stamped pic of it just in case you gotta prove that it was completed prior to 2017. Or build it featureless and not worry about it......for now. What you can do is finish the lower and borrow a buddy's upper and slap it on for the pic......I was going to do this with the .556 lower I just got, but it was cost prohibitive for the time.

Also, if you have any 80% lowers that are finished, take a time stamp pic with ID as well just to CYA

sean
            Last edited by FFMDX; 12-19-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Sean, I had not yet seen that detail. There's no way I am finishing this build this year, far too many other irons in the fire. This has been a busy and expensive year for me, but much as when I built my bronco... I get easily side tracked!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Better than me... I get easily side tracked by this and that....especially if she's got a nice rack!

Comment

So.....has anyone gone featureless yet? I'm still on the fence if I want to install an ArMag lock or get a new stock; pin the one I have and get a different grip..... What did you go with and do you "like it"?

Comment

Sean, I saw that you responded to this thread and was hoping that you had some kind of product review. haha. I have not even begun gathering parts yet; was sort of looking around at stuff online last night but that's as far as it went. I really haven't even decided what I want out of this build yet. I'll get there one day.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Yeah. I'm slowly working my way into it. Can't decide if I want to use the at maglock or go completely featureless and keep my freedom mag release. Check out https://www.ghostguns.com/. They've got a featureless kit for less than what all the components would be if you bought them separately.
                      Last edited by FFMDX; 03-17-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Have you guys seen the MA - loader from Means Arms. A different option other than the mag lock. Fixed mag and quick load through the ejector
                        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                          Have you guys seen the MA - loader from Means Arms. A different option other than the mag lock. Fixed mag and quick load through the ejector
                          Yup, just saw it the other day. Pretty sweet , but a little pricey imo

Here's
                          Another option as well....https://crossarmory.com
                          Last edited by FFMDX; 03-18-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Over the weekend I stopped by J&R in Livermore and held both varieties of featureless AR - the Thordsen stock and the Monsterman grip.
                            I don't love either of them, but also don't hate either of them. I think I like the Monsterman option better for looks, and feel they're about equal in function.

As for the bullet button 2.0/patriot release thing - I am mixed on that. It seems a bit clunky.

My lower is going to remain "safe candy" for the time being.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

So, is anyone going featureless or are you going to register??

Comment

My lower is still sitting in my safe where I left it a year ago... Haven't been motivated at all. Got my eye on other toys.
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X