Ammo Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ammo Quality?

Sent the Single Ten to Ruger on 4/3. Spoke to them this AM and it is being shipped back today. They made a new cylinder for it as the original was out of spec. No charge, paid shipping both ways. That is how a stand up company operates.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

sweet!
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I never finished this story.

When I received the gun the second time it had the same problem. The cylinder stop notched were dirty and that lead me to think they had accidentally sent me the gun with the old cylinder. I called them and they said ship it back again, their dime and fully insured. A week later I got an email stating the technicians wanted to replace the gun with a new one. I agreed. As it was a new gun it had to be shipped to a dealer. Reagan's Sporting goods in Bishop already had an account with Ruger and was glad to take delivery. Ruger said send them the receipts for any associated costs, for which they sent me a check.

I never found out what the problem with the gun was that made them want to replace it, although I asked. Maybe it was made on a Friday. I like the new one even more than I did the first one as the sights are dead on. :

Meanwhile, Winchester eventually responded to my quality concern and had me ship the ammo back for inspection and a refund. They never replied about it's quality. Bang Bang, end of story.
        Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Working...
        X