"New" Ferd for Fungus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "New" Ferd for Fungus

Well, got to make a surprise visit to Chico this past weekend for my Dad's 70th B-day. My brother and I made a run into P-N-P Saturday morn and I grabbed some rearview mirrors w/ maplights for the various projects as well as a Reunel bumper for the Ferd! Was a bear to pull but was the only one out of 3 we saw that wasn't welded to the frame... Will make a real nice addition to the ass end of the beast!

Anyone ever had leaf spring packs rebuilt in the Sac area? Can't find anyone in Chico but looks like there's a place down in West Sac that does it. Got some stock springs off a '69 3/4 ton 4x4 that will replace the 3" lift springs on it but want to have them rebuilt first...
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I've heard good things about Dentoni's in Stockton for leaf spring rebuilding/re-arching/etc. A little far from Chico though.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

dentonis on florin perkins, valley spring and suspension in dixon, that place in sac across jefferson from team tube is supposedly good but I didn't have shit for luck with them. He just said he could make these oddball u-bolts I needed in a certain timeframe then just never bothered to tell me he couldn't do it until the last day. I lost thousands because of him.
        84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Betts spring does a lot of the big truck springs in Sacramento, they're not far from the Sacramento Fry's location. They can also make u-bolts too.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Moore's blacksmith in Red Bluff makes custom leaf packs, they might rebuild also not sure what they charge but it's closer the Chico than Sac
            Last edited by ThrillHouse; 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Your not gonna have any luck, just sell the FERD to me.
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

What? Aren't you still trying to get rid of one Justin?! LOL! Thanks for the names guys! I'll look into'em and see what comes up.

Comment

These guys are the real deal. I have used them for a lot of years.

Hanley's Blacksmith & Spring

8530 Fruitridge Rd # 14, Sacramento, CA 95826-4825

(916) 451-9126 ()

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanley...40526245957994
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I've used Hanleys as well and they do good work.
                    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Perfect! Thanks guys.

Comment

Scored some stock 16x7 aluminum wheels off a '97 F-250 today up in Reno! Been lookin' for these for awhile and they're not so easy to come by, especially with the front 4x4 caps. Eventually gonna wrap some 285/75/R16 Dura Tracs on'em & bolt'em up! Hopefully this summer I'll get the stock springs freshened up and put in to lower this thing down abit and lose some of the body roll. Smaller tires and 4" lower on the suspension and I shouldn't need to jump to get into it anymore!

Comment

Working...
                        X