best place to get u-bolts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place to get u-bolts??

I'm putting 11 leaf pack in this weekend. where can i get u-bolts to replace my old ones?? Any ideas??
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Not sure of the turn around time but I understand that Sac Spring company custom builds them, if you want 5/8" u-bolts. You would probably need some custom plates, but they would never fail. Or check out http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/33.asp look at their super duty U-bolt kit. Looks pretty nice.
    I got the Sac Spring u-bolts but that was before the WH option. Good luck
    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

If your in Sac, then check out Hanley's Blacksmith and Spring Shop. 916-451-9126. He is almost right accross the street from where Bronco Parts used to be.
      71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis
        If your in Sac, then check out Hanley's Blacksmith and Spring Shop. 916-451-9126. He is almost right accross the street from where Bronco Parts used to be.
        Hanley's is AWESOME. He'll make em while you wait. 9/16 will work fine..unless you have $$$ to burn...those WH kits are really nice...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Dentoni's on Power Inn did mine while I waited also
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Hanley's did mine.
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Hanlys wanted $70.00 for a set of 4...
              Dentonies wants $8.54 each...
              I'll be going to Dentonis..
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

they weren't cheap 10 years ago when I bought mine either
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
                  they weren't cheap 10 years ago when I bought mine either

make sure dentoni's is giving you nuts and washers....they are shady that way...
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Ya they came with nuts and washers... 36.00 out the door... ... the 9/16 looks nice and thick!!
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
                      Ya they came with nuts and washers... 36.00 out the door... ... the 9/16 looks nice and thick!!
                      Thats the way I went too, strong stuff!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Will i have to enlarge the holes in the upper plate to get the 9/16 bolt through? Does it have enough room???
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                        X