I ordered a new Bronco yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
    Yeah Tony $90k is a lot of money. Mine is $62k after tax and license and that’s a lot of money. No telling when it will arrive. Due to the chip shortage Ford will now start delivering Broncos without some chips that don’t affect drivability or safety and the dealer will install them when they come in. I have got to stop reading Bronco6g.com.
    I don't like paying sticker price - never have. My F150 was around 60k and I got it for a lot less than that. Same with other new cars I've purchased. It is a bummer that Ford is not honoring x-plan pricing on the broncos, though I understand it from the dealer's perspective. The markups are absurd but again, supply and demand; some people will pay the markups!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I was somehow able to reserve a First Edition the first evening the site was open to reserve a Bronco. It was more than I wanted to spend and my Dealer Capital Ford in Carson City NV was great to deal with. They didn't mark up any of the reserved Broncos. They did get a couple of dealer stock Bronco's that they marked up 10k and sold right away.

Overall I love it. The mileage is meh, which is hard with fuel prices right now but it is what it is. This is the first new vehicle i've had since 2005. The tech in these things is insane, on road and off road experience is fantastic. You will not be disappointed that's for sure.
      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Everyone up here asks me if I plan to get one……NOPE. I rather buy a Jeep Wrangler and have cash leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
          I was somehow able to reserve a First Edition the first evening the site was open to reserve a Bronco. It was more than I wanted to spend and my Dealer Capital Ford in Carson City NV was great to deal with. They didn't mark up any of the reserved Broncos. They did get a couple of dealer stock Bronco's that they marked up 10k and sold right away.

Overall I love it. The mileage is meh, which is hard with fuel prices right now but it is what it is. This is the first new vehicle i've had since 2005. The tech in these things is insane, on road and off road experience is fantastic. You will not be disappointed that's for sure.
          I love that color on your new Bronco! That looks really nice! Congratulations man.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post

I love that color on your new Bronco! That looks really nice! Congratulations man.

Thanks man. I'm really loving the color. The early Bronco is still my favorite by a long shot but the new one is pretty sweet.
            1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

I also ordered a badlands last February, it is supposed to show up in a few weeks! The wife and I did the Bronco off roadeo in Texas. And it was a blast! if you are available to do so I would highly recommend it… it is very impressive what these new broncos can do out of the box.

Comment

Somehow my updated post in this tread about having a VIN and attending the Off Rodeo in Las Vegas and the responses to it is missing. What happened?
                Last edited by 70 Steed; 10-16-2022, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Somehow my updated post in this tread about having a VIN and attending the Off Rodeo in Las Vegas and the responses to it is missing. What happened?
                  Gremlins... ?
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

The issue which led to failed photo uploads as well as a loss of some photo attachments is what resulted in the lost comment(s) here. I am not an admin so I do not know the details, but I reached out to Delta to let him know about this problem; he and his brother looked into this and worked on it starting just a few hours after I reached out. In short there are a few lost posts which were lost when a restore from backup was performed.

While I do not know all of the details, I have worked in the data protection industry for nearly 23 years and what I can say is "weird shit happens" and sometimes it happens to applications with much greater impact than a local bronco forum. It sucks but a relative few lost posts seems to be the extent of the damage.

I enjoyed reading your post about the Las Vegas off-roadeo. I had a similarly great time at the Moab version of it. I'd highly recommend it to anybody who can go. It's a good time and they let you do pretty much whatever you want to do. You get to see what the vehicles are capable of. I drove a non-sasquatch Badlands model on 33" tires and was quite impressed with it.

Anyway... back to our regularly scheduled programming!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

No pics yet?
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

My Bronco went into production today. The blend date is also today. I have a window sticker. This is really happening. With any luck I should have it around the first of the year.

Comment

My Bronco went into production today. The blend date is also today. I have a window sticker. This is really happening. With any luck I should have it around the first of the year.

Congrats Skip. I have been impressed with JimGo's old 2021 two door...
                          It has some EB characteristics, like wind noise on the freeway and some squeaks/rattles. It makes you feel right at home
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

When Ford announced that my Bronco was in production, it was still a couple of months until it showed up. I stepped away from the deal and it was then sold for a healthy markup by the dealership... sigh. I got the photo of it coming off the line a few days or so before it showed up. I sat in it but said nope...
                            I want a Badlands or Wildtrack 4 door Sasquatch when the time comes. The Bronco Raptor was just... too much.

I am seeing that some folks are having luck with reducing wind noise using pipe insulation shoved into some of the gaps. Kinda silly given how much these things cost...
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

I got an email from Ford today saying that my Bronco is built and scheduled for deliver to my dealer in Idaho sometime between December 24th and 30th.

Comment

I got an email from Ford. The Bronco has shipped finally. It’s been sitting at a rail yard waiting to be loaded on a rail car since December 8th. My dealer checked and the delay was due to the train being broken down.

Comment

Working...
                                X