I ordered a new Bronco yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a new Bronco yesterday...

A four door Badlands with the lux and Sasquatch packages. The dealers around me were charging a premium of $5000 - $10,000 over MSRP so I ordered it from Idaho. No premium there.
    Last edited by 70 Steed; 03-05-2022, 05:34 AM.

Nice, congrats! I can't wait to hear your opinions of it after some driving time.

I bought a reservation for a 4 door 2021 "First Edition" which was a limited production number vehicle. When it came down to it, they were not able to build one for me with a hard top, and that was a complete deal killer for me. I could have taken it with a soft top (after checking one out in person, I did not like it at all), but I opted to push my reservation out to the 2022 model year. With a reservation I am not subject to the premium markups.

Given that I gave up a relatively rare reservation, Ford Motor Company (not the dealer) in an effort to make it up to me, has given me the option to order something even more rare - a Bronco Raptor. I now have a 2022 Bronco Raptor allocated to me and it will come to Livermore Ford. If I buy it, I will pay sticker and not a penny more (I have this in writing). If I do not, the dealer told me straight up, that they will turn around and mark it up 20-30k - given the insanity around these vehicles I would bet they get it.

Ford also contacted me to advise me of a 2022 "Special Edition" which has yet to be announced. If I turn the Raptor down I can turn my reservation in for a Special Edition.

It is all such a ridiculous game. I am certain that the Raptor will be 80k or more. I can "afford" that but I am not sure I want to spend that kind of cash on a vehicle of any kind. For that I'd rather buy an EV which I can charge at work for free, should the day come that I have to resume in-person work...

We shall see where this ends up.

1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Wow Tony...Those are nice choices to have. Sounds like Ford wants to make it right.
      Last edited by 70 Steed; 12-03-2022, 03:08 PM.

Comment

After seeing the two door in person, it's very tempting to buy one.

I love the look of them. Just not impressed with the drive train yet.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Funny timing, the dealer called me yesterday to remind that I have to submit my Bronco Raptor order by Monday... Spec'd out the way I'd want it, it comes to 77k. That's a lot of money! So now the question becomes, do I sell the F150 to offset this cost, or do I just bite the bullet and add to the fleet, or do I pass on this whole idea? I don't know.

1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

You could always flip it and make some money…
            I am enjoying my First Edition 4 door so far…

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              Funny timing, the dealer called me yesterday to remind that I have to submit my Bronco Raptor order by Monday... Spec'd out the way I'd want it, it comes to 77k. That's a lot of money! So now the question becomes, do I sell the F150 to offset this cost, or do I just bite the bullet and add to the fleet, or do I pass on this whole idea? I don't know.
              Tony,
              I am with you, while the idea of having a new Bronco is nice, I can't justify the expence. Would it be cool, without a doubt. And reports back by JimGo, who has two, says they wheel great.
              Ford's delivery of the new Bronco has been bad, especially to the folks who bought first day. Price increases by Dealers is another issue.
              What kind of mileage does it get, don't see much reporting on that... And with gas pushing $5+ dollars, I am glad I don't commute anymore. Would it be better than a Gen 1, Probably...
              What are people paying in CA for insurance and registration?

So I have driven a 4 door, I have to have the Drivers seat all the way back which eliminates the leg room in the back seat. That sort of elimnates it from a family rig... But being an empty nester now, does it really matter? Grand kids are a ways away I hope...

For now, I will live vicariously through others... But it still would be cool to have a Raptor Bronco in the driveway
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
                A four door Badlands with the lux and Sasquatch packages. The dealers around me were charging a premium of $5000 - $10,000 over MSRP so I ordered it from Idaho. No premium there.
                Skip, you have a plan on bringing it to CA? You want it not to be a new car when you do or the state will charge you the balance of the sales tax that you paid in ID. They can nickle and dime you with fees and such. I don't need you to share anything here, just be prepared and have a plan. If you can keep ID plates on it, that would be a good way to go...

And Congrats on the purchase!

Doug
                Last edited by 904Bronco; 03-07-2022, 06:27 AM.
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Congratulation Skip! Did they give you a delivery date? Which they won't stick to, but just curious what they are quoting these days.

Comment

Skip - I think that your choice is solid. I drove a 4 door badlands and I really liked it aside from the soft top. I am curious also about the licensing/fees/etc when buying in Idaho, and also which dealership you're using.
                    In 2016 when I was truck shopping I found a place in Caldwell which sells Ram trucks at low prices, and they will handle the California DMV stuff for you at the dealership. For various reasons I backed out of the deal but it was seemingly a good deal, other than not actually getting out of CA fees etc. I believe there's a Ford dealer in the general area which also does the same. Just curious.

To me, in general, the 2021-22 Bronco in 4 door is the only way to go. Even if the back seats are somewhat impractical for adult sized humans to occupy when tall dudes are driving, the extra space and extra doors are a serious bonus vs the 2 door. It's the same reason why I wanted a crew cab pickup - just an easier vehicle to live with day to day. The main thing that I don't like about my EB is it is a little small.

I think that Ford did overall pretty good with the new Bronco. If nothing else, it's high time that Jeep has a little competition in the marketplace for an off the lot, capable wheeler.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Tony and Doug. Like Tony said the dealer handles all of the California DMV fees and licensing. Unfortunately there is no getting around the CA tax anymore. That loophole closed long ago. I am buying it at Kendall Ford in Meridian, ID.

I have a friend who’s son does internet sales for Future Ford. He said all the dealers around here are charging $10,000 above MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                        Congratulation Skip! Did they give you a delivery date? Which they won't stick to, but just curious what they are quoting these days.
                        No delivery date yet. The dealer said 9 - 12 months. I’ll be happy if I see it in a year. Ford will keep me informed as to the progress. I probably won’t hear anything until I have a VIN number. Then Ford will send notifications like blend date, build date, when it’s on the assembly line, when it shipped, etc. You can even get a rail car number from the dealer and track its progress.

According to the forums and Facebook groups these date are notoriously inaccurate. People are getting them later than scheduled and some are getting the earlier than scheduled. Some people who had a reservation and converted it to an order are getting them after those who ordered later. Also it depends on which options you order. Right now if you order a trailer hitch it will delay the order.

Comment

Don't listen to Facebook groups.

That's like asking a deaf guy about music.
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

So... I spec'd out my Raptor and the dealer here is going to order it. This is the end of the line for my reservation; there is no turning it in for another reservation anymore. It's done.
                            With that, I think that my 2021/22 Bronco purchase adventure is also done.

I cannot see myself spending that much money on a Bronco. I like the vehicles and I still fully intend to go to Moab next month to drive Broncos owned by Ford on the trails there. Then later someday maybe I'll buy a non-Raptor bronco.

I am a little bummed out but, so goes it. I bought the reservation on day one simply because it sounded like a good idea at the time. I will go check it out when it arrives at the dealer but there's no way I am spending nearly 90k after tax, license, registration, fees etc. and that's what it's quickly adding up to be.

Skip - I will live vicariously through you and your new Bronco!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Yeah Tony $90k is a lot of money. Mine is $62k after tax and license and that’s a lot of money. No telling when it will arrive. Due to the chip shortage Ford will now start delivering Broncos without some chips that don’t affect drivability or safety and the dealer will install them when they come in. I have got to stop reading Bronco6g.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X