Campervan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campervan

This is one of my projects, a 4wd campervan. It's got superduty axles and 35's. Fully self contained, working on paint as you can see.

Awesome project! Will be watching this one.

how many solar panels up top? Solar powered shower tube along the side? (If you need the idea, look around the RTT sites).

Planned colours?

Comment

The top and front have recently been painted, that's the original color, chestnut.Same as the rest of the paint , just not faded and without the dark brow stripes.It has a shower, toilet, stovetop, microwave, fridge, 1500w water heater, 2000w inverter charger, and I'm going to install four 6v deep cycle batteries. I'll see how it works, and if I have too add panels I will, I think the batteries will be enough though, plug into shore power when available.

Comment

That is a cool project! Keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

That thing is bad ass.

Comment

I like the comp cut front fenders. Just like your bronco

Comment

I dig it. I don't even know what I would do with it but I'd drive the wheels off of this thing. Now you have me motivated to find myself one. Fun project.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Very cool. Do you have any interior pics? What’s powering it?
                We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

Here's one, not the greatest , but it currently looks close to this, hound dog included. I've been trying to get the bodywork complete, working on interior when there's down time. It's a class b rv, so , like I said it is fully self contained, instead of a generator, I installed a 2000w inverter, haven't installed the batteries yet, but it has the one starting battery and I will be using four 6v agm batteries for house. Shower is pretty small inside, I'm going to make a secondary one that mounts at the rear when you open the doors, so you have more room to shower than the interior one. I will take more pics as I get into the interior, really still thinking of what I want to do with it, did install vinyl flooring in the rear, was carpet.Drivetrain , it has the 5.8, I installed a 4wd c6, bw 1356 with fixed output flanges, axles are out of a 2007 f350, I used the factory radius arms also.

Comment

Comment

Here's some more pics.

Comment

That’s so cool. So many possibilities and I’m sure the price tag is way less than buying one of those overland vans.
                        We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

Few more, moved the steering gear forward approximately 5". The box originally is attached to the column with a rag joint, no shaft.

Comment

Yeah, camper vans are quite pricey. The Transit and sprinter 4wd class b's that I've seen are around $100,000-$150,000. Crazy money. I like the 3rd generation econoline's body lines, though most people convert the 4th generation. Would have liked a diesel, but I'm a fan of the ford small block, I think the 351 makes decent power, will be upgrading it eventually, some kind of stroker for as much low end torque as possible while staying reliable. Axles currently have 3.73's, it has 35's, so I'm thinking of running 4.56's, that should help a lot.

Comment

Cool rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X