Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, I'm Jessica. Bronco wife and addict. I just need to get one of my own, currently on the hunt. My husband Jeff and I live in North Eastern California. I already know a few members here and hope to meet others in the area.
    Last edited by jeffjess72; 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Welcome to the board, check the norcal bronco stuff section theres a few broncos in there. good luck on your bronco shopping

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffjess72 View Post
        Hi, I'm Jessica. Bronco wife and addict. I just need to get one of my own, currently on the hunt. My husband Jeff and I live in North Eastern California. I already know a few members here and hope to meet others in the area.
        Glad you guys finally made it over here................welcome aboard
        Brad
        Chico, Ca.

Comment

• A few pictures of the Broncos we currently have.

Looking for a uncut halfcab!

Maybe trade?

Comment

• Dang Jessica, you guy's are everywhere!! I can't believe you don't have one of your own. My wife keeps telling me the one I'm working on is hers! I may have to build or buy another one myself just to save the marriage.
            I've seen a few uncut half cabs around, just not sure what you want to spend. Nice seeing you.

Shawn

Comment

• Welcome Jessica. That's a nice fleet of old Fords you've got! The yellow-ish Bronco looks kinda-sorta like mine did before I went nuts with my project and I really like the 'stang...

You've found a good group here.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

• Welcome Jessica! Great fleet for sure. I love the pick with the stacker in the back.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• New Member - 71 Bronco

Hi All,
                  My name is Dylan, and I'm relatively new to the central valley. I've got a 71 Bronco that I rebuilt about six years ago as a daily driver. Now that I'm in CA and getting exposed to the available trails, I'm looking to transform my driver into a mild trail rig. I'm a newbie to this type of wheeling, but I'm excited about the work ahead. This is a really great site!

Comment

• Welcome Dylan!
                    Rick-
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Welcome Dylan. We do have some great trails here. Let us know when you're ready to hit some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dylan71Bronco View Post
                        Hi All,
                        My name is Dylan, and I'm relatively new to the central valley. I've got a 71 Bronco that I rebuilt about six years ago as a daily driver. Now that I'm in CA and getting exposed to the available trails, I'm looking to transform my driver into a mild trail rig. I'm a newbie to this type of wheeling, but I'm excited about the work ahead. This is a really great site!
                        Welcome! What is it you are used to? Where you from? Tell us more about your rig (include pics-we like those) when you get a chance.

Jeff
                        Vacaville, Ca
                        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Dylan's 71 Bronco

Hi Jeff,
                          To answer some of your questions…Well, I'm from south Louisiana, and there's not much off-roading there with the exception of lots of mud. There are no “legal” public riding areas that I ever knew of, only private property.
                          My rig is a 71 that I purchased from the second owner. When I bought it, it was pretty well worn out and had been rolled over, but had surprisingly very little rust. The engine only had enough power to push it if it was in 4 low, and it hadn't been on the road in 8 years. It was in pretty bad shape, and didn't have any of the "good" options.
                          My first phase (six years ago) was to make it into a reliable, comfortable, and sharp looking daily driver.
                          I started with the following: tranny swap to C4 w/ floor shifter, had the engine rebuilt with a mild cam, Duff headers, Dual exhaust, Rocky Roads 22 gallon tank, Duff power brake set up, BestTop soft top, new seats, all new weather stripping, some new glass, new lenses, Fiberglass hood, built a family roll cage and front bumper, some mild custom interior work, carpet kit, herculined interior, lots of body work, fresh paint, WH warflares and 33x12.50's on M/T wheels.
                          After a couple of years I put a 3.5 inch Duff lift on the front end with all new urethane bushings and trac bar drop bracket, stainless braided brake lines, and temporarily put blocks on the rear until I could decide what I wanted to do with it.
                          Long story short, after that it got parked for 2 years and then left behind in Louisiana until I got a chance to trailer it to CA about a year ago. Since we've moved out here a whole new world of off-roading has been revealed to me. I started trail riding dirt bikes with some friends and would occasionally see jeeps on the trails. That got me thinking about the bronco again. I went out to Wild Horses in Stockton, and it was done. I was going to get started moving toward phase two. I've got the "Bronco bug" again bad, but I don't think my rig is anywhere ready for even the novice trails out here. I do want to keep it looking nice and not smash up the sheet metal too bad, so I'm only looking to some mild stuff with it, and definitely want to keep it somewhat street legal.

Wow, so was that wordy enough or what???

My short list looks like the following:
                          2 inch WH body lift (installed yesterday)
                          Power steering - looking to do the 4x4x2 conversion box with the Sag pump
                          Disc brakes (this may get moved to the "long list" if I decide to get rid of the Dana 30 at the same time)
                          Repairing/replacing my bent tie rod.
                          Rear bumper with tire carrier
                          High lift jack

The longer list includes the following:
                          Rock skis
                          Dual shocks w/ hoops up front (maybe bump up to 5.5" of lift)
                          Maybe coil-overs instead
                          Rear suspension (not sure what I want to do yet... suggestions???)
                          New drive shafts
                          D44 or 60 axles with discs (should I go full length? pros/cons?)
                          twin sticks for the D20
                          re-gear axles (currently stock, 3.56 I think)
                          Line-x entire interior and get rid of carpet... at least most of it.
                          truck avenger carb w/ new intake manifold
                          On board air
                          37" tires

Any suggestions??? ...post or PM me. I have a lot to learn, and appreciate the input.

So here are some pics from back when I just was finishing phase one... before lift...

... and this is where I'm at now... I just took this photo earlier this evening.
                          Last edited by Dylan71Bronco; 09-22-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Looks clean, and good! With your list of mods you will be set up like the majority of us street/trail guys
                            Rick-
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Great lookin rig! From the list you have I would say you will have a more than capable EB for most of the trail around these parts.

Jeff
                              Vacaville, Ca
                              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• That looks great.
                                I would suggest staying with the 3.5" lift since you did the 2" body lift. I run 37's with saggy 3.5's and 1" of body lift. I have actually cut too much fender out. This probably would change if you go full width though. I would also suggest getting leaf springs to match the front that you decide on, and possibly some sort of contraption to limit axle wrap. This can kill driveshaft u-joints in a hurry. You will probably want to regear, but not to deep since you don't have an overdrive (depending on your driving style). From what I have heard, the 4X4X2 conversion is a good one. It is on my long list. My power steering still works.
                                I think I need to take a new pic of my bronco. This is the only profile I can find since I lowered it.
                                Attached Files
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X