Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Welcome to another local bronco owner.

Comment

Hello all,
      Chuck from Dublin. Picked up a beautiful orange 70 a few months ago and found the site after another Dublin member followed me home.
      This will be my second EB, the first sold just after acquisition to pay for dog ACL knee surgery.
      My new EB was built by a firefighter in Modesto who did almost everything right. Unfortunately now the motor is dying (only 3000 miles on the rebuild). So a new rebuild or replacement and/ or EFI is in the thought process. The spark plugs are just coated in oil and it's eating about a quart every 20 miles. Assuming valve seats and bad bearings.

Look forward to lots of reading on the best way to fix my new
      Money pit. :-)

-chuck
      -Chuck

Comment

Welcome to the site, and i hope ryan didnt harass you too much. I had a similar issue and it was an intake gasket that went bad and was sucking oil in.
        Originally posted by Snowchucker View Post
        Hello all,
        Chuck from Dublin. Picked up a beautiful orange 70 a few months ago and found the site after another Dublin member followed me home.
        This will be my second EB, the first sold just after acquisition to pay for dog ACL knee surgery.
        My new EB was built by a firefighter in Modesto who did almost everything right. Unfortunately now the motor is dying (only 3000 miles on the rebuild). So a new rebuild or replacement and/ or EFI is in the thought process. The spark plugs are just coated in oil and it's eating about a quart every 20 miles. Assuming valve seats and bad bearings.

Look forward to lots of reading on the best way to fix my new
        Money pit. :-)

-chuck
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Welcome Chuck - I'm just over in Livermore with yet another Orange EB. Ryan followed you? Creepy...

Post up some pictures!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Welcome Chuck... I look forward to the pictures... hint, hint...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Welcome chuck
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Some photos here
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/9649490...th/8829894826/

I hope it's only the intake gasket. The oil pressure is garbage now--12 psi. Having 2 young kids leaves me little time to wrench these days.

I'm pretty sure it was Ryan. Mentioned he had an orange ride as well.
                Last edited by Snowchucker; 05-25-2013, 02:28 PM.
                -Chuck

Comment

Nice looking ride. If it was a "skinny white boy", it was Ryan.
                  Marc D.

Comment

That is a nice looking ride. Looks like extended radius arms, power steering, custom dash, and a general nice clean look to it. One of these days we'll find another place to have a meet-n-greet in the somewhat local area, otherwise hope to see you up on the trails once you have the engine situation addressed.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

That was me the followed you home.

Welcome aboard!
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

very nice Bronco.
                        Welcome

Comment

Welcome
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Hello,
                            I've wanted a Bronco since high school and was finally able to bring one home to St. Helena last year. I ended up buying this 1973 from a girl I went to school with. Small world. I don't have big plans just yet. I'd like a better roll cage and shoulder belts for safety but I'm just enjoying driving it for now. Runs fine after a new fuel filter and some cooling system tweaks.
                            First pic is in the driveway, second one is parked next to a student with good taste.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice! Great color too......Welcome!

Specs?
                              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Looks awesome.
                                Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                                X