Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to the Nor Cal Broncos forum!!! Please Check In Here!

hey eric, did i meet you at the company christmas dinner...at las palmas?

Sonny Cruz

p.s nice rig!

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
      Hey fellas, here's some pics of one of my best bud's (69 Steed) ride. He's new to the forum and hopefully he'll be in on the 4th annual Rubi run in June! A few of you might have seen this rig up there before. He's a Chico native and has owned this since '05 I think and did a ground up build on a total rust bucket. Things I know: Glass tub, very well built 302, C-4, D-20 (terra lows), 4.56 gears in FW 1/2 ton axles w/ detroits front and rear rollin' on 37s w/ Spyderco beadlocks now. These pics are prior to the new wheels on the 'Con. Tons of custom stuff.
      that rig is SWEET, however since he is a friend of yours he will have to be banned.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow_66 View Post
        Thanks for the welcome. Sorry about that I thought I had it added in but I'm in Hollister.
        Nice damn rig, welcome.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Brats71 View Post
          hey eric, did i meet you at the company christmas dinner...at las palmas?

Sonny Cruz

p.s nice rig!
          Yes Sonny that was me. Wish I had time to talk Bronco that night but couldn't leave wife at other end of the table by herself too long.
          289, np435, STaK xfer, f/w 44 ARB, 9 inch Detroit w/4.88s, 5.5" WH lift/3" body lift, 37's on Allied bead locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
            that rig is SWEET, however since he is a friend of yours he will have to be banned.
            LOL!
            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Greetings...

It's late night and I'm again lustily staring at pictures of bodacious Broncos. Lurked here a bit, unsure if you all would be hardcore "my bronco can kick your broncos ass" folk speaking a language I can't yet fully understand. My pops taught me a ton of outdoors skills, but we never fixed engines or dissected lawnmowers. Much like a larger woman may wish you to consider her "nutritionally overcompensated" it is fair to say I'm "mechanically underdeveloped."

Having swapped some EB parts a couple days ago with a fellow Chico alum from this site (who kindly spoke slowly when describing EB axle conversions) I figured its time to bring the "Creature" (1969 EB, 351w) out of the closet.

Literally fell in mad lust with Broncos after seeing the green Bronco BFG ad, and picked up the "Creature" in 2000, in Pleasant Hill CA. The white picture is how it stood when purchased, the silver one is fairly current. Let the silver one also stand as a caution to what can happen when you combine an ambitious cousin, a case of PBR, six cans of .99 cent silver spray paint, and a sawzall. Much like my mug, the Creature is ugly on the outside by design, which is noted by the very un-delicate sawzall job jettisoning the window frames and removal of anything that clinked, clanged, or looked easy to break off. Brute toughness is the theme were trying to build on.

Finished the headers and tuned the Windsor, and just put 35's on it. Next is a 3.5" lift once I find the right coils, and an axle swap. Time for me to read "Dana 44's for dumbasses" again.

If the Creature had a mission statement, it would read... "I live for dirt, dogs, and desolate backcountry fishing holes."

Thanks for a great site!!! respectfully, roan
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by roante View Post
                Much like a larger woman may wish you to consider her "nutritionally overcompensated" it is fair to say I'm "mechanically underdeveloped."
                LOL! Great analogy...

If the Creature had a mission statement, it would read... "I live for dirt, dogs, and desolate backcountry fishing holes."
                Amen to that! Welcome aboard. You've got a nice rig and some decent plans for it from the sounds of it. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

... a case of PBR, six cans of .99 cent silver spray paint, and a sawzall. ... Time for me to read "Dana 44's for dumbasses" again.
                  Welcome Roan, your gonna fit right in. Much like the Spartans and the Messinians, we Cal Poly guys take our Chico brothers under wing as our own...besides, you have to be cool if you admit to drinking Pabst.
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Welcome Roan, and make yourself at home.

Comment

I am in El dorado hills also.. and a garage full of parts.

Aaron
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Greetings...

It's late night and I'm again lustily staring at pictures of bodacious Broncos. Lurked here a bit, unsure if you all would be hardcore "my bronco can kick your broncos ass" folk speaking a language I can't yet fully understand. My pops taught me a ton of outdoors skills, but we never fixed engines or dissected lawnmowers. Much like a larger woman may wish you to consider her "nutritionally overcompensated" it is fair to say I'm "mechanically underdeveloped."

Having swapped some EB parts a couple days ago with a fellow Chico alum from this site (who kindly spoke slowly when describing EB axle conversions) I figured its time to bring the "Creature" (1969 EB, 351w) out of the closet.

Literally fell in mad lust with Broncos after seeing the green Bronco BFG ad, and picked up the "Creature" in 2000, in Pleasant Hill CA. The white picture is how it stood when purchased, the silver one is fairly current. Let the silver one also stand as a caution to what can happen when you combine an ambitious cousin, a case of PBR, six cans of .99 cent silver spray paint, and a sawzall. Much like my mug, the Creature is ugly on the outside by design, which is noted by the very un-delicate sawzall job jettisoning the window frames and removal of anything that clinked, clanged, or looked easy to break off. Brute toughness is the theme were trying to build on.

Finished the headers and tuned the Windsor, and just put 35's on it. Next is a 3.5" lift once I find the right coils, and an axle swap. Time for me to read "Dana 44's for dumbasses" again.

Thanks for a great site!!! respectfully, roan
                        HA! You sound like an English major.
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Thanks much!

Appreciate the welcomes, and look forward to posting pics and progress reports. Its a good motivator when the lizard brain kicks into "save the dough, moron" mode. In the midst of a "sprint" right now of getting shit done after years of play/break/sit/fix/play with the big silver dog toy. Trying to bullet proof likely grenade points on the Creature for a week long roadie on dirt roads along the Lost Coast next month.

The dana 30 front and the fact that I can only turn in small semi-cricles after way too eagerly slapping used Toyo 35's on it (3.5" lift in planning, thanks again Rick for the blocks!) are the biggies being debated right now.

Always said there was a lot of Chico in (the girls of ) Cal Poly, great places for EB journies... my SLO based cousin has been talking sand dunes Rangers Broncos & beers your way for some time. Look forward to seeing some rigs out and about!

Comment

Roan, keep us updated on your lost coast trip... I am planning to visit that area this year (probably spring/summer time frame). Possibly in the EB, possibly in my DD pickup. Undecided at the moment, but definitely planning to go.

As another Cal Poly guy, I'm going to have to say Chico and SLO are almost a draw when it comes to the ladies. Both are "target rich" environments . Chico has us beat with the quality of beer made in town, but Poly has the beach 10 minutes away.

I think you'll fit right in... and I'm with you, that BFG poster is part of what got me started on the EB kick too.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

>and I'm with you, that BFG poster is part of what got me started on the EB kick too.

So funny how the transition went from the Viper, Testarossa, and Countache "0-60 in 4 seconds flat" type of posters I had as a kid,... full circle to a green beast meant for the boonies, and have never looked back.

Always wanted to find a weathered print of that ad and hang it from the garage as inspiration.

Comment

>So funny how the transition went from the Viper, Testarossa, and Countache ....
                                Gee - we welcome you with open arms and all you have managed to cogitate is four (4 ea.) churlish posts to this thread... To be sure, Dear Sir, there must be a Chico Alumni Hot Line to report such low performance ratings….
                                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X