3 vehicles, one driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 vehicles, one driver

Having a pick up is awfully nice. I went without a truck for a few years and really missed it. I was using a utility trailer and got by, but a truck is just so much nicer, easier, more convenient, etc.......

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll keep the truck for a while and revisit how much I am actually using it sometime in the future. Its not costing me very much to keep it around and if I put it in the side yard it won't really even be in the way.. my driveway extends back around beside and behind the garage. I have had 3 vehicles before but that was when I was dismantling the EB outside.

I am not a fan of maintaining 3 vehicles in terms of tires, oil changes, etc... but the VW has maintenance included for a while, the truck maintenance and tire change interval is going WAY down and the Bronco basically just sits inside with occasional use... so maybe it won't be so bad.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

as I am newly truckless, this thread got me googleing my current Mr Mom mobile. Turns out my highlander has a tow rating of 5000lbs and they make class II reciever kits.

I've been truckless before T, it really isn't that bad until you need a new fridge or something.
        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I will never go without a truck, hell if you consider my EB a truck somewhat I have 3 then!

Comment

I could never live without a truck. I have my work truck, my personal truck and two broncos. Iv'e also shared an old truck with my mom for years that's paid off and just sits most of the time. We might put $200 a year into it. The worst thing that's happened was something nested in the engine compartment and ate a few plug wires. I agree that you have the right plan to sit on it and see how much you'll actually use it but I think you'll be surprised at how much you will still use/need it.

Comment

If you call your insurance co. and tell them that the mileage on the truck has dropped to almost nothing, 1000 mi per year or something, they will drop the rate quite a bit. I got rid of my Yukon for a car, but the wife has her mini van and it holds more than the Yukon ever did so I use that for the Lowe's or HD runs if need be.

Comment

I did w/o a pickup for several years & hated it. I even had a utility trailer to tow behind the Bronco. A pickup is just way too handy. Even if its just a little Ford Ranger for making dump runs, cleaning up around the house, etc. Since yours is a "known commodity", paid for, reliable, etc I'd be keeping it for the utility.
                sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I have lowered the mileage on the truck policy, increased the deductibles and I'm considering dropping the collision coverage, just keeping liability and maybe comprehensive. KBB says my truck is worth around $6700 on the low end which is surprising given the miles on the odometer. Anyway... higher deductibles and lower mileage on the policy helped some.

I am totally in agreement that a pickup truck is very handy and given that mine's been long since paid for and has been reliable its probably worth keeping. I just hate the financial implications of owning 3 vehicles... tires, oil, maintenance, insurance, registration, etc. It adds up.

I really need to expand my garage so as to more easily accommodate more of my fleet since I think I'm pretty well settled at my place for years to come.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Working...
                  X