First Burn Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Burn Session

Over the last weekend I put the finishing touches on my mini-barrel smoker.

I lit her up and had my first smoking session. I had a tri-tip in the freezer and a young chicken. So I threw them in and gave em a go.

The trip-tip was very tasty and smoke flavored, but the chicken was killer!!

I'm planning some pork with weekend, should it not be too nasty outside.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Re: First Burn Session

Thanks...... now I'm hungry again. That is some good lookin grub!
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

I am a firm be;iever int he drum smoker.

If you are doing a pork butt for pulled pork, let me know if you need some tips.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Any suggestions the better!! I'm just starting on my smoker adventures. Eager to learn.

Comment

Well, cook at 1-1.5 hours per pound at 225 degrees. Rub with a moderae amount of rub. Use a bone in roast. Smoke with a sweet wood if you can, like cherry, peach, or apple.

Cook to 190-195 internal temp ans use a temp gauge with a leave in probe if you have one. If not, use an instant read, but dont leave it in. You will notice the meat will peak and hold at about 170 for about 2 hours, but dont pull it off when it does that. Stay the course! After it hits 170 wrap in heavy duty foil and put back in smoker until it hits 190-195.

Pull it out and wrap it in towels ( i like to use heave moving blankets from harbor freight tools) and then put inside an ice chest for 2 hours. Then you are ready to pull it. The bone should come out with ease now. Pull the pork in strips. Use a good vinegar finishing sauce or a bbq sauce, what ever you desire! Post pics!!!
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Pulled pork is among the next things I'll be trying in my smoker. I've had great luck the past 3 years smoking the family Thanksgiving turkey though, so that is likely next on the list.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Working...
            X