6daze project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6daze project

Cool! New bling for your Bronco. Can't go wrong with Bilstiens.

Comment

I have been happy with the EFI so I moved on to other projects...

The front shocks are too soft...so I am moving them to the back on outboard mounts...I plan on getting some Fox shocks for the front.

I ordered a Protofab cage and rear plate bumper. I had the cage shipped unwelded to save on shipping costs. Then had my buddy TIG it together. I got the basic family style with a dash and overhead bars. I want to tie all the seats in but need to wait for some good suspension seats first. Then I will have it powder coated.

I got the plate bumper with a tire carrier but not the gas can/cooler rack. I can't stand how high the cooler is on their rack.

I have a 23gal main and 8 gal spare so I just don't see myself carrying a gas can. Protofab sent me just the swing arm, no rack.

I plan on building a small rack that will hold just a cooler. It will be high enough so that it doesn't scrap the ground on dropoffs but low enough to still get into it!

Misc other projects mostly finished:
      Tuffy glove box
      Voltmeter in stock cluster
      Speakers in middle door
      LED interior lights
      Rear "tray"
      Locking tailgate handle
      LED license plate light
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 6daze; 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM.
      71 Bronco
      EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
      Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Does that thing still fit in the garage????

Nice...
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

I like the cage. Looking good bud!

Comment

EFI Looks good! thanks for the info.. I will be starting mine soon..

Aaron
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

More progress..

I got the cooler rack finished up. I had a buddy bend 1" tube to go around the cooler and underneath. Then I used some 1x2 for vertical pieces off the swing arm. I probably don't need it but I couldn't resist these bottle opener gussets...

http://bluetorchfab.com/store/produc...products_id=75

I ended up with some slightly cheaper ebay ones.

With the cooler being so "low", it somewhat blocks my taillight. I rarely run with the cooler but felt I needed to add a little more brake light back there. Plus I needed a liscense plate light anyway. So I ended up with a combo.

https://secure48.mysecureorder.net/o...57o5kefj5pg5i4

It sticks out a little more than I like so I may build some sort of protector for it. The simple bolts that are lights might have been better.

My only gripe with the Protofab bumper is there is no "catch" or way to keep it open. I found a really slick *eep bumper that had an automatic latch. I found this spring loaded pin at a local off road shop. There work great but I need a knob as the "t" handle hits the tailgate when down. Now I can swing each side open and they lock in that position. Pull up on the pin and swing them in. Perfect for the sidehills.

Got my LEDs wired up. I got the 4 and the 6 LED versions. I also put LEDs in the rear view mirror lights. I wired them to a cargo lamp from a F-250. (thanks Fungus!)

Moved the Bilsteins to the rear on some Lars/ToddZ mounts and got some Fox's for the front. Night and day difference! Also had a Cage upper track bracket welded on. It was made to lower the track bar but also has a stock height position. I already have a riser on the axle so I cut off the "drop" portion. Istalled a BC adjustable bar. I just wanted to reinforce the factory bracket before I had any problems with it. Should be all good!

I built some speaker boxes for the rear and had them rhino lined to match the interior.

I also wanted to lock my tailgate so I ordered an extra lock from tuffy to match my glovebox. Drilled a hole and I am locked up!

Just received a new/old speedo today to fix mine....I the process of putting my cage in I bent the speedo face. I took it all apart, put some LEDs in, put a voltmeter in, painted the needles, but destroyed the speedo needle spring in the process.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 6daze; 05-13-2010, 06:49 PM.
                71 Bronco
                EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
                Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

more pics
                  Attached Files
                  71 Bronco
                  Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Very Nice...
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Very nice work! You've definitely been busy and the Bronco's looking good!

So tell me more about these spring pins - does the shop you got them from have a website? Or maybe just PM me their phone number so I can call them if you don't mind. That is the one thing missing from my current rear bumper.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Where did you get those lights on the cage?
                        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                          Very nice work! You've definitely been busy and the Bronco's looking good!

So tell me more about these spring pins - does the shop you got them from have a website? Or maybe just PM me their phone number so I can call them if you don't mind. That is the one thing missing from my current rear bumper.
                          I got the pins from Off Road Warehouse. I couldn't find them on their site however. I am sure calling them would work.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/

If you have a Grainger local you might be better off. These have the ball handle rather than the T.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3JDF7?Pid=search

They look funny in the pic because they don't show the tube they thread into.
                          Last edited by 6daze; 05-14-2010, 06:42 AM.
                          71 Bronco
                          Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                            Where did you get those lights on the cage?
                            LEDs came from SuperBrightLEDS.com. I liked how small these were but they aren't the brightest. Lars had some good ones and they are available from this site.

I think these are the ones he has (or similar).

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...xart_specs.htm
                            71 Bronco
                            Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Explorer Serp Day 1

Finally getting started on this project....I have had the brackets painted for over a year

I started by removing all the v-belt stuff; 3G alternator, timing cover, water pump, shroud, balancer and power steering pump. When I pulled the balancer I tried to keep the motor at 10 degrees BTDC. We will see how successful I was when I get stuff back together.

With the timing cover off, I pulled the fuel pump eccentric. I needed to shorten the dowel pin by about 1/8". I put the pin back in and tightened up the cam bolt.

I cleaned everything up the best I could and sprayed a little paint. I am going to pull the pan and replace the rear main seal during this conversion. But I had enough for today.... My son is up from nap time!
                              Attached Files
                              71 Bronco
                              Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

You'll love the extra space!
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X