Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Deal Diff Covers, 3/8" Thick from RuffStuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Deal Diff Covers, 3/8" Thick from RuffStuff!

You may not have noticed we have lowered our prices for them. We have been getting a very serious demand for them and quantities like these allow us to lower the prices. We still are selling mostly Kits to shops but fully welded covers are catching up.....

This is one of the covers made up pretty but it looks so good powdercoated that I think it will be our official advertising cover! Next to it is a sample of the Kit so you can really see how thick they are!

We only make these in a 3/8" thick model, it only costs' us $2 more than if we made it out of 1/4" so why bother with 1/4" at all? We also make these exclusively from A50 Plate, it is a very dense Steel and again, it isn't really that much more to make them that way so why not? I think they were originally designed by someone from the Henry Ford or Daimler era, we just improved them by making them out of 3/8" plate.

The prices are:

Dana 44 Welded, $100, Kit $68
    Dana 60 Welded, $110, Kit $79
    14 Bolt Welded, $120, Kit $88

All of the Diff Rings can be purchased separately also.

We are adding 6 more covers to the lineup in the next 2 months and another 6 over the next 6 months so if we don't make yours yet keep checking back.

OH! Did I forget to mention that the NCB10 10% discount is good on these and anything we sell? My bad , and that shipping is only $9.45 because we can fit 2 in a USPS Flat Rate Box!

Dan Fredrickson
    www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
    Dan Fredrickson
    Your Fabrication Parts Source

Darn! I just bought one of these about a week ago from a different vendor. Very nice I have to say!

Comment

Those Look NICE!! Thanks for the 10% discount.

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hey Dan (or amyone else) what are the dimensions? I am a tad worried about my tie rod over setup rubbing it (close now)

Thanks, Rick-
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Cover clearance

We use the stock covers as models on these, trying to have the inside start at the same point as they do, the thickness adds ~1/4" to a stock cover, so 1/4" less clearance for tie rods. Alot of people also use this as an opportunity and reason to switch to Highsteer.

Originally posted by Broncrick
          Hey Dan (or amyone else) what are the dimensions? I am a tad worried about my tie rod over setup rubbing it (close now)

Thanks, Rick-
          Dan Fredrickson

Comment

Thanks, I'll check tonight when I'm under it and give you a call hopefully
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Gravel Maker
              We use the stock covers as models on these, trying to have the inside start at the same point as they do, the thickness adds ~1/4" to a stock cover, so 1/4" less clearance for tie rods. Alot of people also use this as an opportunity and reason to switch to Highsteer.
              That's good news (and design!)
              Highsteer is hard to do on a ball jointed EB, even if you have kingpins you start to run out of room. Then there's your tracbar angle.............

Comment

Thanks Mike! We try...

Originally posted by Mike
                That's good news (and design!)
                Highsteer is hard to do on a ball jointed EB, even if you have kingpins you start to run out of room. Then there's your tracbar angle.............

The design process can be a severe PIA, its a good feeling when people realize just what it takes to make something!
                Dan Fredrickson

Comment

Re: Real Deal Diff Covers, 3/8" Thick from RuffStuff!

Wow! It has been 5+ years since I posted this last...

I must appoligise for not noticing, I guess I can say we have been busy but thats not enough.

Maybe I can get you up to date about Ruffstuff. We are no longer in Grass Valley (2years), we are no longer in Rancho Cordova (3 years), we are in Loomis, next door to the original shop we moved to 2 years ago.

I no longer work alone or with my son after school, we now have 11 empoyees! We now make over 500 products! We have sold over 8,000 of these 3/8" thick Diff Covers!

I am very sorry to have overlooked you guys for so long, I advertise on Classic Broncos & Full Size Broncos and NorCal just slipped through the cracks, I won't let it happen again.
                  Dan Fredrickson

Comment

I am happy to hear that you've grown nicely over the last few years. I'll be ordering one of these very soon for my project. Are they the same price as in your first post?
                    Last edited by crawlin68; 06-07-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Dan, How about the addy for your shop?? Do you have a sales counter so we can stop by and get touchy feelie with the cold steel products you have to offer? Thanks for your support in the 4-wheel world and I'm sure NCB will return the support.
                      70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
                        Dan, How about the addy for your shop?? Do you have a sales counter so we can stop by and get touchy feelie with the cold steel products you have to offer? Thanks for your support in the 4-wheel world and I'm sure NCB will return the support.
                        We don't have a retail shop but we welcome customers to stop by anytime and cruise the shelves and we can sell locally. We are in Loomis, 3415 Swetzer, bay 3 but call and we will give you directions, we are about 1,000' from that address...
                        Dan Fredrickson

Comment

Sounds good...I be sure to stop buy one of these days when I'm cruizing through!
                          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Great products. I highly recommend stopping by and seeing what they have. You'll find things you didn't know you needed until they're in front of your face... and then you can't leave without them. They're making it possible and affordable for shops and home builders alike to have fancy stuff that was otherwise unavailable without all the big budget tools we all don't have. I like to hand over most of my money to them weekly
                            Last edited by Sillyneck; 06-17-2011, 01:46 PM.
                            84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

***TRAILBOUND***

Dan's shop is a must stop if your in the area. No CC machine, so bring cash and lots of it; as Phil stated, you will find stuff that you must have.
                              I have a Ruffstuff diff cover as well as a few brackets and odds and ends.
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X