Bronco Friendly Biz around Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Friendly Biz around Sacramento

Big believer in supporting local and "insert_cash_draining_hobby_name friendly" businesses.

Here's the shops I've been recommended to work with so far in the Sacramento area, and wondering if you guys know of other local places that are EB friendly?

1. Wild Horses, Stockton - Obvious one though its an hours drive. Half my rig seems to have a WH part associated with it... including awesome 3.5" coil and and leaf springs. Had issue with trac bar parts (probably my own doing, see "trac bar blues" question in NCB tech section if you know trac bars please) yesterday, but am STOKED to have a place that truly speaks Bronco in shooting range of Sac.

2. West Coast Differential, Rancho - have bought u-joints, and had ball joints and bearings done there on the FW axle swap. Great place that has answered my stupid questions with knowledge. Service dept has been fast and affordable (notice I didn't type "affordable" and Bronco in the same sentence... for fear of my keyboard jumping up and smacking me across the face). Service knocked out a ball joint replacement on the fly for me, allowing a wrenching day to continue.

3. WFO Concepts, Auburn - Ok, haven't had work done there yet, but I took my FW rear axle there last week for spring perches and welding. There were two Early Broncos on the lifts, and one badassed looking army truck with "Chico State Alumni" plates parked there (insert soft harp music) for viewing pleasure. Bought some brick shithouse looking u-bolts, perches, and plates for the rear axle. More warm fuzzies about WFO when the guy ran out to the shop to measure something for me against one of the EB's being worked on. They sent me back with my axle and the 411 on eyeballing the right pinion angle at ride height, since I don't have access to an angle finder or forklift.

Theres also a welding place in Orangevale (on Greenback near the Madison intersection) that always has a gynormous yellow bronco, and sometimes a couple other super TALL eb's parked out front. For the online end I've seen Duff, BC, and Tom's sites, all very good. Any other places local to Norcal/Sac that you guys heartily reccomend???

Much appreciated.

Re: Bronco Friendly Biz around Sacramento

-Dan over at RuffStuff in Loomis is awesome.
    -Phil at $illyFab in Rancho (see link at top of page)
    -Phil at No Limit Fab in Grass Valley (He used to work for Trevor and Bo at WFO then started up his own company a few years back)

I'll think of a few more.

Comment

partsmike.com he's local and seems to be a good guy
      75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

River City Differential (Sean is the BEST)
        Drive line services (sac)
        Marco muffler (Folsom)
        Last edited by Daddy4zack; 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM.
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

sweet. muchas gracias for the lists. between those mentioned, it seems like we can source much to most of what we need locally. going to use one of those outfits to make a custom trac bar (& possible drag link) Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X