Suspension Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Basics

Sometimes we get to see alot of really interesting new suspension ideas and 1 off pieces that are great for a $100K Buggy! However, for the rest of us that have to live in the real world and don't have $100K to spend on a Buggy we have the normal and not quite so normal suspension stuff, the real stuff you can afford to put on your DD and trust day in and day out, the Basics for what the rest of us drive.

At RuffStuff we make both types, but if our sales numbers are any indication, most of you live in the real world and not that "who cares what it costs" neverland kind of world. So here we are, going to show you a little about our interpretation of the Basics.

First off I need to say that we don't like breakage! We like to be able to put something on and assume it will last the life of the vehicle. Thats why we like big hunks of steel so much! Where the factory used 1/8" and the other guys use 3/16" ours will be 1/4".

Now lets show you a little of our stuff, I can't show everything because we make 160 different items and are always adding new items but here is a good idea of what we do on the lines of basics.

Shock Brackets, yes, Brackets not tabs. Alot of you are now thinking tabs would be basic and I agree and we make tabs too but putting on 2 tabs for each end of every shock is a time consuming and irritating job. They need to be perfect and they need to be strong, making them as a bracket allows them to be strong and precise everytime. We also make and sell single tabs but don't use them unless the project demands it. If you compare prices of tabs VS. brackets you will see little difference and the labor to install is way on the side of brackets!

Flat Bottom and for Hoops

And we make 3 other styles too....

Spring perches, pretty basic, but made in 3 widths (2", 2 1/2", & 2 3/4") for a perfect fit and not a "good enough" fit. With 3 pin placement options and long enough to help in controlling axle wrap. One of the interesting perches we make is for a Toyota front axle, its precut for the center section so you don't have to waste a hour fitting yours! We make those for Castor correction too!

2 3/4" & Toyota Differential cut Perches

Link Tabs, to call these Tabs is a bit of a reach, I think of tabs as little things, these are stout! All of our Link Tabs are a full 3/8" thick and made only from A50 plate. We make over 30 different Link Tabs and Brackets but I'm only going to show the Tabs here. We make them for 1 3/4", 2.0", & 3.0" tube and we also make them with a flat bottom. The flat, 3.0" (Axle mount), and 2.0" are shown.

I will show more as the days go by, for now its back to work! And don't forget the NCB10 10% discount code either!
    Dan Fredrickson
    www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
    Your Fabrication Parts Source

I think you forgot something...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/index.php

Comment

thanks!

I guess I did at that...
      Dan Fredrickson
      www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
      Your Fabrication Parts Source

Comment

Nice, I definitely will be using the NCB discount instead of the Pirate discount, to show support to you from us!

Comment

Working...
        X