SillyFab strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SillyFab strikes again

No more TTB thanks to Phil and the 8.8 has been replaced with a freshly built 9".

The kid hamming it up.
    Last edited by Fullsize; 05-04-2007, 11:12 PM.

Very cool! So have you had it on an RTI ramp yet with the new suspension and axles?

Comment

Those Bent and Twisted arm extensions? Sillyfabbed units?

Comment

No ramp yet shooping store loading dock but it wasn't tall enough to make it flex out.

Yeah those are B&T exstentions
        Last edited by Fullsize; 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Hard to explain, but what is hanging down in the middle in the first picture. Is that the old TTB mount, or crossmember? Looks like it is attached to the tierod. The trackbar looks good also. You can barrelly see it behind the draglink.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Yeah marc thats the TTB crossmember if I am correct from the last time I was under my 90. Easy to hack up and plate for more diff clearance is what we did to my bud's explorer when we SASed it.
            Last edited by PhantomEB; 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
              Yeah marc thats the TTB crossmember if I am correct from the last time I was under my 90. Easy to hack up and plate for more diff clearance is what we did to my bud's explorer when we SASed it.

Sweet. I thought that is what it looked like.

I still need to ship that damn thing out. I will package it up tonight, but my parents are coming to town, so I'm not sure it will get shipped. Maybe I will put them on it. They're much more responsible than I am.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Marty,

Congrats on the SAS. Post up some flex pic's when you have time. Do you have any more pic's of your tie rod? It looks like Chevy 1 ton stuff, but where the drag link attaches to the tie rod is different. That looks like what Crawln68 needs to fix his bump steer, and what I'll need when I put my front end under my rig.

Galen
                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

It is Chevy 1 tons.. Phil did his own drag link mount..
                  If I ever redo mine,, I will do it above instead of in the front on the tie rod..

A
                  Last edited by Daddy4zack; 05-04-2007, 07:18 PM.
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

It looks like the way to go.

Comment

Yeah the ttb cross member, I have seen a lot of people cut it out to get it out of the way. Phil was able to squeeze everything in and keep it intact. I will get some closer pics for you guys tomorrow.

Comment

Last edited by Fullsize; 05-06-2007, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Marty, thanks for the pic's. That looks like a great set up. (The only down side I can see is you'd have to pull one ball joint to adjust your toe.) The drag link and trac bar look like they're the same lenght. How does it drive? How does it flex?

Galen
                          Last edited by 720Racer; 05-06-2007, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Marty the rig looks great. I am begining to miss my 79 since all my space seems to be going away

Hey Phil nice work where did ya get that mount that you welded onto the tie rod. Would like to purchase one.
                            Thanks FM <><
                            Last edited by Familyman; 05-06-2007, 04:22 PM.
                            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Yeah I want to know too! Was thinking of running a mount that welded on to the inner C then use the stock tracbar mount as a hydro assist ram, now I aint sure what way to go anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X